vivekvajmera's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Let us Report Spam & Unwanted Contributions

[Redacted]

Recently i came across this video wherein the person says that by editing some places on maps,adding any place on maps without actual presence & by reviewing random places we can get points( Contribution Points) & at the end of day The Contribution Points are equal to INR ( e.g. that person says that he earned 1280 points which are equal to 1280₹ ).

He urge & invite other fellow Watchers to do similar task(spamming maps) to earn contribution points & gain monetary benefits.

Outcome :

Results of this kind of activity is generating of incorrect, unwanted & spam bunch of data on google maps which makes difficult for local guide team to filter & process information,

If this data gets approved mistakenly then it will lead Google Maps users to incorrect information or towards a place which never exist.

Solution :

I Invite my fellow local guides from all around globe to come & support me by posting similar posts,videos URLs in this thread,also report that video,post as spam

I seek help from Googlers,Moderators to kindly take look at this links & suggest me solution to stop spread of this spam

4 comments
Level 8

Re: Let us Report Spam & Unwanted Contributions

Hi @vivekvajmera Welcome to Local Guide connect Community!

Nice to meet you and I really appreciate for bringing this my friend.  You can contact Meet the Connect Moderators by tagging them to your post.

I personally went and flagged that video starting misleading.

Hope this helps you 🙂 

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Connect Moderator

Hi @vivekvajmera

Thanks for reaching us.

Please read this post to know how to report a Local Guide: /How-Do-I-Report-Content-on-Google-Maps/

Thanks for helping to keep Maps a clean and safe place 

@Jagadeesh_Reddy

A Google moderator should be tagged, not a Connect Moderators, please review your information for the future posts. @JeslynL

Ermes 

Level 8

Oops I didn't know that 🧐🧐. I'll make sure that I'll fix it 🙂 @ErmesT.

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Former Google Contributor

Thank you so much! @ErmesT. Yes! please tag Google Moderators when you report a suspicious Local Guide.

Hello @vivekvajmera, thank you for reaching out to us here on Connect. Please note that I redacted the youtube link from your post. We do not encourage Local Guides to share private information publicly on Connect in order to protect yours and other users' privacy and safety.

I have reached out to you via private message with more details about sharing such information with the team. Please check your inbox. Thank you.