LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

La villa dei Misteri - Pompei

One of the greatest findings in Pompei was "La villa dei misteri"; a 90 rooms perfectly preserved I century BC Roman villae with wonderful paintings, like this.

I will share more about this great place in another thread.

Villa dei Misteri, PompeiVilla dei Misteri, Pompei

Villa dei Misteri, Via Villa dei Misteri, Pompei, NA, Italia
11 comments
Level 10

Re: La villa dei Misteri - Pompei

Is this place previously excavated from the volcanic ash? Would be amazing to hear more about this. 

Level 9

Hi @LucioV really great findings and this is really good art from ancient. Waiting for others. 

Level 10

Yes @StephenAbraham this is a great example of how destruction of this city made ourself able to discover this treasure; it's like a giant time capsule, the size of a city.

This villa is perfectly preserved, and you can literally walk along corridors with original paintings, like this.

The building is from II BC, but main frescos are from I BC.

You can't imagine the sensation you feel when you stare in front of this great art from more than 2 thousand years ago.

I will open a thread for my saturday visit to Pompei in terms of accessibility.

Level 10

Level 9

Beautiful photo @LucioV Pompei is a place to visit at least once in a lifetime!

Level 8

Hello @LucioV  Wow, amazing to see something so old and so well preserved, beautiful. The Angeles from Italy are busy today, there is an angel in this painting and today my sister gave me this gift of a little Angel from the museum at Sistine Chapel Angel from Rome, ItalyAngel from Rome, Italy

Level 10
Level 8

Yes and also gave me rosary beads and a medal from the Vatican so very special for me. She said it was 80 euro each into the Colosseum so 320 euro for the 4 of them! I Expensive, but she said it was Amazing place to be in. Anyway looking forward to your thread, thanks

Level 10