AvelManansala's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

LIST MAN STANDING

I just love lists!

A HAPPY AVEL MANANSALA SMILING GAILY FOR THE CAMERA. HE IS THE LIST MAN STANDING.A HAPPY AVEL MANANSALA SMILING GAILY FOR THE CAMERA. HE IS THE LIST MAN STANDING.

As a Level 10 LG, and proud owner of 4 Master Badges (Reviewer, Photographer, Trailblazer, Fact Finder) and 1 Expert Director Badge (with just a few thousands to get to Master level), I was looking for more informative & helpful ways to share notable places I love on Google Maps. Then I rediscovered LISTS!

Although this was introduced in 2017, it was only late last year that I begun using it and creating my own. I realized that it was a great way to put focus on the uniqueness, strengths and character of a group of local establishments and places. It was exciting being able to compile them based on a theme, choosing the most appropriate places, and working up a sweat to think of a helpful description of each entry. It was so much fun recreating my visits of these places on my mind while concocting the list.  And sharing them on my social media accounts & messaging apps was so much easy. 

Here are a few from the over 30 lists I created specifically for my beloved City By The Bay & the Tuna Capital of the Philippines, General Santos City, (Gensan for short), with descriptions:

Tuna! Tuna! Tuna! (Awesome Tuna Restos)

Lassie Has Come Home (Pet-Friendly Spots for Man’s BFFs)

DIY Buffets for Really Hungry People (Cook & Eat All-You-Want)

Baby, Let’s Steak Together (Top Steaks Houses)

SPLASH! Pools for Lost Mermaids (Downtown Places with Pools)

Breast-feeding Stations for Shopping Moms (Malls Even Babies Would Love)

NO SWEAT! Hotels with Elevators (Yay!)

Best Watering Holes for Thirsty People (Cheers!)

Mid-Eastern Food Alladin Would Love (Shawarmas! Biryani!)

I DO. Best Beaches to Get Married (And spend Honeymoon too)

Ramen! If Heaven Is a Place On Earth (Awesome Ramen Dishes)

Gensan Burger Brawl (Burgers that Pack a Whallop)

Great Glan Gourmet GetAway Spots (Beaches + Grub = Paradise)

Gardens of Eden (Organic Food Haven)

The Glorious Gensan Pizza Hunt Pitstops (Finding Awesome Homegrown Pizza)

No to Pork Barrel! (We only serve Chicken,Beef & Seafood)

Sharing these special spots would also promote local businesses in Gensan especially since most of these are small & medium enterprises. I definitely love this warm feeling of knowing you are doing your share to help them even more with Google Maps LISTS!  Now, don't you just love LISTS?   

General Santos City, South Cotabato, Philippines
23 comments
Level 9

Re: LIST MAN STANDING

Glad to hear your story oving the List! Best wishes for Connect Live 2019!!

Connect Moderator

oh I love it, "List Man Standing" is so catchy and honestly I think its the best TagLine on this program ♥

Awesome Post Sir @AvelManansala 

Level 10

Thanks my friend @ChamnanMuon . Good luck to us! #LetsGuide more... whatever it takes! Boom!! 😆😆

Level 10

Thank you @OmerAli! Glad that you like it! So honored. 😆😆😆

Level 8

This is cool @AvelManansala . Thanks.

Level 10

@Marz1 maraming salamat po. Mabuhay ang Pilipinas. 🇵🇭

Level 7

You inspire me more brother with your enthusiasm. I myself have been using this feature for the past couple of years for making itineraries but didnt think of its full potential not until this year's Connect Live application period! I am looking forward to creating more lists and seeing more especially from fellow FILIPINO LGs! 😊😊😊
Level 10

@wellbirth thank you. #LetsGuide more and continue to inspire others. 🇵🇭👍

Connect Moderator

@AvelManansala - I love your creative mind! Your Google Maps List titles are brilliant.  

Hope we can see each other again in November!  No.4!!!! Best of luck!

So, now, where is your Connect Live 2019 application video??? Don't hold back now Mr. List Man Standing! 😃

Cheers,

Karen