SalmaanN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Issue in showing directions when the destination point is near to current location

Hi all!

Recently I faced an issue when I was traveling to a place for meetup and I almost reached the place. I was in my bike at signal and the destination is on my right but I can't take right as it's one way, I have to another way to get to the destination. In that case, at that signal, mistakenly I closed the directions and when I clicked again, Map was showing the correct route for few seconds and then it was showing me as I reached the destination even though I have to travel for few more distance in another way to reach the destination. Please see the scrrescree below.The destination is at my right but I can't take right as it's one way, the Map was showing me this route for just few seconds and then suddenly it was showing as I reached the destination and closing this route.The destination is at my right but I can't take right as it's one way, the Map was showing me this route for just few seconds and then suddenly it was showing as I reached the destination and closing this route.

The issue I think is like when map is getting the directions and if it finds the current location near to destination, it is considering as I reached and closing the directions and showing me as I reached. It has to show me directions even if my current location is near to destination since I have to reach my destination with my bike from the route. 

I hope I explained it clearly. Please let me know if this is not an issue. Thanks! Happy Guiding! 🙂

Vellore Local Guides
5 comments
Level 10

Re: Issue in showing directions when the destination point is near to current location

@SalmaanN Another possible scenario to explain this would be that GPS maximum accuracy is said to be 3-5 meters and could be worse with structures close by causing GPS signal bounce. In your screenshot, your destination looks so close to the junction where you stopped, so it could be possibly at that instant, your GPS position could be located too near to the destination hence it assumed you arrived. 
This wouldn't happen if the destination is a bit further I think.

Is this your first time encountering this?

Level 8

Re: Issue in showing directions when the destination point is near to current location

Thanks for the explanation, @StephenAbraham Anna. Yes. This is my first time encountering this. I too think it happened because of my destination is close to me.

Vellore Local Guides
Level 8

Level 8

May be, @vvbellur. Or on having the destination point near to current location, it considering as reached. 

Vellore Local Guides
Google Moderator

Hello @SalmaanN,

Thank you for reaching out to us and thank you @StephenAbraham for your answer. 

When you are facing an issue where in the navigation is not working as expected you can also reach out to the Google Maps & Earth Help Forum

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!