SaumyaPrakashM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Issue: I didn't get New Connector badge for hosting my first meet up

I have hosted a meet-up in Local Guides Community for the first time on 21st June 2020 as part of the “A Unity Walk” initiative carried out by the LG Community from India 🇮🇳. My fellow Local Guides have received the New Connector badge for hosting their meet-ups, but I am disappointed that after so much time, I have not received it yet.

Here are the links to my post on LG Connect for the meet-up.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/A-Unity-Walk-Balasore/td-p/2588187 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Recap-A-Unity-Walk-Balasore-Odisha/td-p/260... 

@TraciC @ErmesT @DeniG @DeniGu @KatieMcBroom please help me with the issue.

P.S.: Actually I had hosted 3 meet-ups on that day, but the recap posts were merged.

Saumya Prakash Mishra
A true Local Guide
Balasore, Odisha, India
8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Issue: I didn't get New Connector badge for hosting my first meet up

Hello @SaumyaPrakashM,

Please note that meet-up badges are awarded for approved meetups that took place in the previous month.

However, due to the discrepancy between your recap and your actual efforts this meet-up will not be considered. Feel free to host a virtual meet-up where you can meet your fellow Local Guides and unite your community without having to meet physically.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Hi @SaumyaPrakashM 

Meetup badger are not given to everyone. There are specific conditions to earn the badge, and one of them is to be a Qualified Local Guides with an active Connect account. Your first real activity in Connect was to post your three meet-ups, so I would not consider you as active.

Please read: Introducing new Connect badges for meet-up hosts . Here below an excerpt

"Please note, these meet-up badges will be awarded each month by the 10th for: 

• Local Guides who hosted at least one meet-up OR hosted five or more meet-ups in the month prior (For example, badges awarded in July reflect meet-ups hosted in June, from June 1 through June 30)
  • Meet-ups that have been approved using g.co/localguides/meetup since it was launched in 2016
  • Meet-ups that were approved and took place in the calendar month before
  • Qualified Local Guides with an active Connect account on the 10th of each month"

Personally, I am also extremely curious to know how you was able to be in:

Balasore - at 9:30

Bhubaneswar - at 11:00 - Distance 196 Km, estimated driving time , 3 hours ans 36 minutes

Nilagiri  - at 13:00 - Distance 195 Km, estimated driving time , 3 hours ans 45 minutes

According to the recap you was able to host all the three Meet-ups, with a lot of activity on each place. I suppose this was taking at least 1 hour on each place. This is amazing, but also impossible to do it, if you are not able to drive at 500 Km/h

I also want to ask you a couple of more things:

• Please avoid to tag people who is not a Moderator. Please refer to the his post to know who you should tag: Who are the moderators on Connect? 
  • Self promotion is not permitted in Connect. Please edit your signature removing your business details. Thanks

Hey @SaumyaPrakashM

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

I just wanted to let you know that I am moving your post to our How-tos board, used by Local Guides to express their doubts and ask question related to the program. More on Connect's labels is available in this article. Please refer to @ErmesT's comment for more information. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Hi @ErmesT 

I understand your concern regarding hosting 3 meet-ups in a single day.

I inform you that due to COVID-19 issues prevailing in our country and all the locations, I managed to collect all the information I was going to edit on the said day. And on 21st June, I was editing all the facts from home since my hometown was under shutdown, so I was not permitted to move around the city (neither of the 3). Hence I was not present in the location, but was virtually adding info on Google Maps.

Saumya Prakash Mishra
A true Local Guide
Connect Moderator

Oh, this is interesting @SaumyaPrakashM , so in fact you had no meet-ups.

This is what you wrote about a place that is 200 km from your hometown: 

My journey as a Unity Walk performer started at 11 o’ clock in the morning. I interacted with the business owners and/or staff and collected the information required for our drive.

During this meet-up, I had reopened 38 places in the locality, added 1 new business to Google Maps, edited information about 3 places, added some photos of business storefronts, answered some questions, checked facts on the Maps, wrote reviews of places, etc.

so you was able to this alone at home, despite the fact that the meet-up had other attendees. Attendees that you never mentioned.

So in fact you didn't had any meet-up, and this is probably the reason why you didn't received any badge.

In addition I am asking you again to edit your signature, removing the link to your business. This is against the rules

Thanks

Solution

Hello @SaumyaPrakashM,

Please note that meet-up badges are awarded for approved meetups that took place in the previous month.

However, due to the discrepancy between your recap and your actual efforts this meet-up will not be considered. Feel free to host a virtual meet-up where you can meet your fellow Local Guides and unite your community without having to meet physically.

Level 8

I hope my signature is perfect now. Or is it not acceptable, @ErmesT ?

Please confirm me so that I can rest assured.

Saumya Prakash Mishra
A true Local Guide
Level 8

Thank you @LilyanaZ for your clarification. I understand the rules now. I will adhere to the rules from now onwards.

Saumya Prakash Mishra
A true Local Guide
Connect Moderator