SagarKulkarni's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Isa Khan's Niyazi Tomb and Mosque - Delhi

Isa Khan's tomb is located in the complex of the Humayun's Tomb, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most popular tourist destinations in Delhi, India. It is a beautiful example of Lodi-era architecture, dating back to the 16th century. The tomb is situated in the middle of a beautiful garden known as the Isa Khan Niyazi Maqbara, which is spread over an area of approximately four acres.

FB_IMG_1683512071206.jpg

Isa Khan's Tomb Photo by LG @SagarKulkarni . 

The tomb is named after its occupant, Isa Khan Niyazi, who was a prominent nobleman during the reign of the Lodi dynasty.Isa Khan was born in the early 16th century in the region of Sonargaon, which is now part of Bangladesh. He was a member of the Baro-Bhuyan clan. 

FB_IMG_1683599621529.jpg

Isa Khan's Tomb evening light photo 

In the 1540s, Delhi was ruled by the Mughal emperor Humayun, who had taken control of the city after defeating the last Sultan of the Lodi dynasty, Ibrahim Lodi. Isa Khan was initially loyal to the Lodi dynasty, but after their defeat, he switched his allegiance to the Mughals and became a commander in Humayun's army.

FB_IMG_1683512234981.jpg

Isa Khan Tomb Afternoon 12:00 pm Photo. 

Isa Khan played a crucial role in the Battle of Kannauj in 1540, where he commanded a large contingent of troops and helped secure a decisive victory for the Mughals. He also played an important role in Humayun's campaign to recapture Delhi from the Afghan warlord Sher Shah Suri, who had taken control of the city in 1540.

DocScanner May 9, 2023 8-12 AM.jpg

Isa Khan's Maqbara Tomb Name Stone. 

IMG_20230509_081705.jpg

Isa Khan Tomb Entry Gate Photos. 

Isa Khan Niyazi was a noble in the court of Sher Shah Sur. This enclosure includes his tomb and a mosque, both built during his own lifetime. The octagonal tomb, pre-dating Humayun's Tomb by only 20 years, has striking ornamentation in the form of canopies, glazed tiles, and lattice screens. Along the western side of the enclosure, the three-bay-wide mosque has a grand red sandstone central bay and striking mihrabs. Until the early 20th century, an entire village had been settled in the enclosure. 

IMG_20230509_082710.jpg

Accessibility Photos of Isa Khan's Tomb 

IMG_20230509_083100.jpg

Isa Khan's Niyazi Tomb and Mosque Accessibility photos 

FB_IMG_1683512233258.jpg

Details of Architecture and History Board of Isa Khan's Garden - Tomb . 

As per board it contain 1) Gateway 2) Garden 3) Mosque 4) Tomb photo of each place as bellows clicked by LG @SagarKulkarni 

1) Gateway : 

FB_IMG_1683512156510.jpg

Isa Khan's Tomb Gateway 

2) Garden : 

FB_IMG_1683512099666.jpg

Isa Khan's Garden 

3) Mosque : 

FB_IMG_1683512362604.jpg

Isa Khan's Mosque 

4) Isa Khan's Tomb : 

FB_IMG_1683511856104.jpg

Isa Khan's Tomb 

FB_IMG_1683511960207.jpg

Isa Khan Maqbara 

FB_IMG_1683512171379.jpg

Divine Light of Isa Khan's Tomb : 

IMG_20230509_090020.jpg

FB_IMG_1683511981411.jpg

Divine Light Full Photo 

5) Mausoleum of Isa Khan's Tomb : 

IMG_20230509_085913.jpg

FB_IMG_1683512375030.jpg

Mausoleum of Isa Khan's Tomb 

FB_IMG_1683512331779.jpg

Isa Khan's Tomb and Mosque View Photo 

FB_IMG_1683512106199.jpg

Isa Khan Maqbara Inside Views Photos 

FB_IMG_1683512108627.jpg

1) Main Entry of Maqbara 

IMG_20220528_130631.jpg

2) Architecture Style of Tomb 

IMG_20230509_091642.jpg

Clicky more than 300+ photo but here only limited photos added. 

Here is my last Featured Photo on Google Mpas . 

Screenshot_20230508_105650.jpg

Featured Photo of Isa Khan's Tomb by LG @SagarKulkarni 

@Sagarkulkarni
Delhi, India
18 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Isa Khan's Niyazi Tomb and Mosque - Delhi

Superb post and amazing photos @SagarKulkarni 

I especially like your style of capturing from under the arches 👍

I visited here last year, and it seems the monument has got a facelift - it was quite dull and unpainted then.

Here's my post about this place, hope you like it 😊

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/The-Isa-Khan-Tomb-in-Delhi-Where-Time-Stand...

Tushar_Suradkar_0-1683717256881.jpeg

Level 10

@Tushar_Suradkar thank you for sharing wonderful post . The inspiration to take all these photos came from @TravellerG

Sir .I am learning to write detailed information every place I visited.Your encouragement gave me new energy. I'm sure my feature post get more boost from your Inspirational words. 

@Sagarkulkarni
Level 10

Hello my dear @SagarKulkarni,

Very happy to read that my posts were sharing inspiration to you - remember, I'm always available for any assistance. 

Your post is really informative and interesting too. I can understand that in such places, 300 photos are nominal number.

If permitted, I suggest you to kindly keep the photos in Full-Screen mode so that your post becomes more impressive.

You may kindly contact me privately for any assistance. 

Best wishes 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

@TravellerG thank you so much sir . I'll try to add Full screen photos in upcoming post . 

@Sagarkulkarni
Connect Moderator

Beautiful post @SagarKulkarni Bhai, 

I'm fond of visiting historical places, and I can imagine what you felt there when you visited Isa Khan Niyazi 's tomb. 

In Pakistan if you hear about Makli Necropolis Thatta Pakistan -The World's Largest Necropolis  It's a city of tombs and Mazars , we (Local Guides from Karachi) were there for a BBC Documentary Shoot. It wasn't my first visit to Makli, but many times we just visited there to explore more places in this city of graves.

I love your post so much, and I would say keep it up with a small suggestion (ager Tum bura na Mano to 😊), that try to make a format of a post with not too many photos. 

Instead of so many photos select best photos among them and rest of photos you can add in a Google Photos album and share it in your post. And other option is a youtube  video of  visual story highlights with the help of photos. In past I made alot of these kind of videos, uploaded on YouTube and shared in my post.

These are just suggestings, but what you are doing I really love it.

Keep it up, keep posting, keep inspiring ❤️

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 10

@KashifMisidiavery beautiful post  "Makli Necropolis Thatta Pakistan -The World's Largest Necropolis " impressed with photos and presentation style. Surely your suggestions will help me to write more with keen points and exact containts . Thank you for valuable suggestions . I'll definitely improve in upcoming post .

@Sagarkulkarni
Level 8

@SagarKulkarni que hermosas estructuras con mucho significado para su país. Realmente es asombroso las cosas que veo en Connect,tantos lugares que conocer y todo realmente impresionante. Saludos 

Level 10

@Maximilianozalazar thank you so much .

@Sagarkulkarni
Level 9

Dear @SagarKulkarni 

The information provided about Isa Khan's tomb and its historical significance is highly informative and engaging. It offers valuable insights into the Lodi-era architecture and the role of Isa Khan Niyazi in the Mughal era. The details about the tomb's location within the Humayun's Tomb complex and its association with a UNESCO World Heritage Site make it even more fascinating.

Thank you so much for sharing with us a great post with wonderful photos. 

What are some distinctive architectural features of Isa Khan's tomb that reflect the Lodi-era style?

Could you provide more information about the historical context surrounding the Battle of Kannauj and how Isa Khan's role impacted the outcome?

Best regards.

Greetings from Barishal, Bangladesh.