AidenWorth's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Is local guides fun in rural areas?

I find this question very interesting and would love to hear anyone's opinions on the matter.  I live in a small town in Idaho and personally I would say its more rewarding.  Wherever I go its not too difficult to find a business with no photos whatsoever and then I have the ability to improve their online outreach as a small business by adding my photos to their page or writing a review to be seen by others.  One way I find fun in this is by following how many views each photo has.  It's easy to see search popularity when you are the only one with photos for that spesfic business.  I don't have millions of views on my photos, but what I do have is real value added to my community.  

Please share your personal stories and tell me why or why not you find it fun in rural areas.  

2 comments
Level 8

Re: Is local guides fun in rural areas?

Hi, this is how I look at it too. I'm from Belgium, so it's rather hard to find places with no reviews or photos, but still, I like to contribute, so people have more and better feedback on places to visit, shop, eat, or simply stay. Sometimes though, it really surprises me how popular some pictures get, while other (similar - or imho better) pics are not considered. Apart from that, I also try to provide good reviews, so people don't just see 1-5 stars, but get some personal information, so they can see why I gave a good or bad score. 

And regarding the "usefulness" of reviews in low density populated areas - don't worry, there's always someone who can use the review, or finds your picture added value. 

Regards, Yves

Level 10

Re: Is local guides fun in rural areas?

Hi @AidenWorth,

I really like the topic of your post!

I would say that it is a chance to be local guide in rural area. There are always opportunity to add places, to share photos and so on.

The last but not the least, rural areas are usually natural, relax and mother nature at her best.

Have a nice day and see you around

Jul