Ivi_Ge's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Good Morning Qatar

@MdRazibAhamad We hope you enjoy the Google Local Guide. Congratulations 🎉🎉 from Qatar Google Local Guide.

Level 10

Re: Introduce Yourself - October 2020

On behalf of all the good people in Vietnam, hello everyone ^^

1. Name: Nguyen Duc Chien (My friends call me Nobi, Nobi in Nobita)
  2. LocationHo Chi Minh City, Viet Nam
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Because it helps others, makes their lives interesting, makes it possible for them to go anywhere with just one click. The way they helped me 🙂
  4. My favorite thing to explore: Hotel, tourist destination. Those are the places that tourists will pass through and stay. I want to bring the choices to you so that you can experience life in my country, integrate and watch it ^^
  5. Fun Fact about me: I am passionate about Information Technology, Electronics and love to experience the sense of circuit. And then I became a hardware engineer and traveling is often the way I take a break after a few weeks of work. I love traveling with foreigners, telling them Vietnamese life and seeing the world I live with them
=== Local Guides - Ho Chi Minh City ===
Level 10

Hi dear @Ivi_Ge 

NameRezgar

LocationKermanshah - Iran

What I love about being a Local GuideMany years ago, I got familiar with Google Maps and Local Guides. All the while editing places, sharing photos, and adding places to Google Maps, I've always been wondering why I should help Google Maps while Google will not pay for this effort?

This year spring, I traveled to Tehran and due to not being familiar with the city of Tehran, I had to use Google Maps for navigation and finding my ways all-around to search for addresses, to find good restaurants, and to contact the places I had chosen to visit and to coordinate the phone with them. 

In this trip, I realized that all the things that I did for Google Maps are not as much as the services I get from it. In other words, we're not just helping Google Maps but helping each other, and the Google Maps Team has created a built-in infrastructure that we can use to help each other.

The features that Google Maps provides to its users, such as creating different maps for categorizing your personal favorites, is very helpful. I made two maps on this trip, first the map of the places of interest and historical monuments, and second the map of my favorite restaurants, and whenever a map was needed, by choosing that Google Maps features such as reading other users' reviews, using a phone number to coordinate with the destination in the comment, to see the destination photos and ultimately navigation.

My favorite [place/thing/cuisine/other] to explore: I love Deserts and I like to speak with you about the Deserts of Iran and to share with you the Tourist Attraction of Iran in Connect. I like to talk about food, so I'm writing about delicious Iranian foods.

Fun Fact about me: I am an ectourist. I always travel, especially to nature and offroad. I see all of the Tourist Attraction of Iran, Mountains, Seas, Waterfalls, Deserts, and Etc. I traveled to more than 12 countries in the world.

Me and ShabdizMe and Shabdiz

Four Seasons of IranFour Seasons of Iran

Dalamper Mountain and LakeDalamper Mountain and Lake

Lout DesertLout Desert

Caspian Beach, Anzali SeaportCaspian Beach, Anzali Seaport

Hircani ForestsHircani Forests

Shervineh,  KermanshahShervineh, Kermanshah

Stay with me and my trips in Everything about the tourist attractions of Iran 

Best Regards
Rezgar

Connect Moderator

• Name: Naresh Darji
  • Professional GIS Analyst

Mapping is my passion and also as a professional GIS analyst its my daily work.

I'm standing with my Friends Forever banner was signed by the Connect Live 19 attendees.I'm standing with my Friends Forever banner was signed by the Connect Live 19 attendees.

• What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love to giving right information to Google Maps that can help Millions of people .
  • I love to share: I love to add and edit places. Wherever I go I try to use "Check the Facts" and look for missing information. I love to share photos so that other people can see the world through my eyes.
  • How did I hear about Local Guides: wherever I travel use the Google maps so maps asked me about the reviews and ratings. Then I released that its a good platform to explore the world and meet genius people's who doing same thing like me.

Photo collage of my meetup activity.Photo collage of my meetup activity.

Fun Fact About Me: I love to discover new Places & local foods everywhere. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Great introduction dear Bro @NareshDarji 

Connect Moderator

Re: My achievement is that I'm here.

Hi and welcome @CaptainDuffer 

I suggest that you wait a day or so and then introduce yourself in the October Introduce Yourself post.  Here is the September one.

All the best

Adam

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Level 10

Hello/नमस्कार/¡Hola!

Name: Bishowvijaya Pandey

I am with Topi on head and Tika on foreheadI am with Topi on head and Tika on forehead

What I love about being a Local Guide: Every year approx. 800 thousand foreigners visit my nation. Looking around a map I can see that the most tourist destinations are already been there in the map. But there are more such areas of public concern like hospitals, schools, emergency services, security offices and a lot more which are, I think, mandatory in map & are still few in number. Being a local guide I love to add them in the map. Also there are a lot of places over the country which are yet to be explored in the map. Since there is unmanaged urbanization so places are difficult to be found. So my sole intention is to ease the commune life and explore the nation over the world. I am in accordance with the motto of LG Connect: 'Spread the love and get some back'. Also the occurrence of devastating earthquake in 2015 made me feel the necessity and importance of map a lot. Since a lot of guides are exploring the places so why not me. Contributing to the map is also being sociable more than before. I always love to be sociable. Also this LG program is helping us to find people around us with same motto.

Meetup task force (from left Rupendra, Surendra, Bishow & Laxmi)Meetup task force (from left Rupendra, Surendra, Bishow & Laxmi)

My favorite thing to explore: Adding photos, reviews and additional information of the places to the Google map.

food crawlfood crawl

Fun Fact About Me: I love to visit new places not even in group only but also solo too. I love to observe different realms of nature very closely. My subject of interest are Physics and literature. To be bearded sometimes is also my hobby. I have more or less knowledge of five different languages. Researching in mysterious events or places falls under my interest.

Connect Moderator

Welcome @local-guides-hcm @Rezgar @NareshDarji @BishowvijayaP  to Connect

Nice to meet you all and I would like to see you around sharing a lot of photos and stories 😀

Level 10

Thank you for your attention, my dear friend, @LaloPadilla 

Best Regards
Rezgar

Level 7

Hello dear friend!

I am originally from Germany, my father is German and my mother from Turkey. I now live in the US for quite some years and in my younger days travelled all over Europe and visited my mother's home country, and her birth city Izmir o lot. I also speak 3 languages thanks to my parents! I joined local guides in March of this year, and my only regret is that I didn't join sooner! Keep up your wonderful work, and this goes to everyone, as "cash" or "actual payouts" aren't the only way people get rewarded for their hard work. We all help each other, and by contributing our experiences, may it be by photo, or written, we reward ourselves in ways that give us "back" so positively, that we don't even know yet. We ALL need advise, input and help at some point! May it be for pleasure of business or even life saving necessities! All thumbs up! Have a wonderful day and be excellent to each other! 

Mare9