Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Introduce Yourself - May 2018

@AbhiSunVek wrote:

Brief info about me:

1. Name: Vivekanand Thallam.
  2.  Location: VIJAYAWADA, INDIA
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: It makes to know more about my surroundings and develop good relations with new people. Google Maps and Local guides at various places make me so comfortable when I make a visit. 
  4. My favorite [place / thing / cuisine / other] to explore: Haridwar is my most favorite place. I am having habit of collection craft work prepare by people at different locations and leaves a good memory for me. I like to eat  North Indian dishes with roti  , South Indian sambaar and Keralites fat free food stuff.
  5. My motto: SERVE BY LOVE
  6. FAVOURITE QUOTE:  " Awake, Arise stop till you the GOAL"

Background: My family has a good title AbhiSunVek is the combination of Abhishek-Sunitha -Vivekanand.  I simply love being an educator because teaching profession is the profession of all the professions.

during a national meetduring a national meet                                              Haridwar DSCN1801.JPG             

My Vijayawada

Welcome @AbhiSunVek to connect

We waiting for your share good info .

Level 7

Hi @NishantAC welcome to local guides connect.

I wish you will find something tthat you are looking for experience in connect

Level 9

Re: I'm NEW NEW!

Nice to meet you @SoSo_Sophia 🙂

& Welcome to this Community 🙂

Level 9

Re: Introduce Yourself — May 2018

Hope to meet you too bro @PaDeSSo , Amen 🙂

Level 10

Hi Mrs @ArielleM_

Nice to see and to know about your profile here for the first time.

My Name = Dedi Sopandi Sofwan

My ID Connect = PaDeSSo

Level = 10

I came from = Bandung - IndonesiaMy ContributionMy Contribution

Foodcrawl meet upFoodcrawl meet up

Screenshot_2018-03-02-06-56-18_1.jpg

I wish to be a part of connect live 2018

Best Regards

Level 10

Re: I'm new

Hi @srivan

Welcome to local guides connect.

We wish all of our best,

Good luck for connect live 2018

Warm Regards

Level 8

NAME : SHUBHAMAY BARMAN

LOCATION: CoochBehar, WEST BENGAL, INDIA !! (a beautiful city of North Bengal) (CoochBehar on map)

HOW I BECAME A LG: I first heard about this program from a newspaper article many years ago, the article was about a local person of a city who adding place information to Google Map!! And somehow he got a chance to visit Google centre, and the article was all about his visiting the Google Center!!

Thn i wonder if i could add places/information to map!!

And finally Signed up for this program!!

Involvment:: When I first joined the program , i searched for communities in my city **####** Behar, but didn't find any...
Then i opened a G+ community named CoochBehar Local Guides (CoochBehar local guides  )and this community is growing day by day,
We have global communities like Local guides world, Indian local guides, West Bengal local guides!!
I m very interested in attending/hosting meet ups , though i haven't hosted yet, but met with some local guides in my area!!

Check out my 360 photos here  Shubhamay Barman's street View contributions

Hobby/Interest:: I love cycling, Love Railfaning ( have a channel where i upload rail videos!! Check it out Shubhamay Barman's YouTube videos) taking photos, adventures

Connect Moderator

Very glad to know you @ArielleM_.

I am from Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Hope soon I will post my full intro here..

Happy Guiding !

Level 5

Hi Everyone! 

Name: I'm Holly!  Location: Brisbane, Australia. I've previously lived in Japan. Hello Kitty's house in Sanrio Puro Land!Hello Kitty's house in Sanrio Puro Land!

What I love about being a local guide: I was inspired to become a local guide while I was living in Japan. I realised how much I appreciated reading people's experiences from different places and so I decided to jump on the bandwagon! I love part of the global community and helping others, even if it's just in a small way. 

Fave food: Mint Green Bubble Tea. (it's very specific, I know haha 😄 )

Fun fact about me: I'm a songwriter, singer and musician. I love to explore museums, nature spots and restaurants! 

Cupnoodles Museum in Yokohama!Cupnoodles Museum in Yokohama!

I'm so excited to be part of the local guides community, it's been great to read everyones stories from all over the world so far! 

Level 5

Hello @ArielleM_/Everyone 🙂

"Kumusta?" (How are you?)

My name is Ryan from the Philippines. I dreamed of being part of Google in my own little way. Luckily I found this Local Guide program where anyone could be a contributor to improve navigation through a handy digital map. I love maps and geography very much. In fact, during my work breaks I always browse Google earth and think of a place where I want to go. It always makes me smile whenever I 'travel virtually'. I often go to Europe and the islands in the Pacific to explore where I hope I could be there personally someday. I am also curious what is inside North Korea or Tajikistan or the vast land of Russia.

I love mountains and beaches. I am a mountaineer by the way.

Why I became a Local Guide?

As a traveler, I often seek for Google maps' help to find hotels, restaurants, bus stations, or anything that is so essential when you are out there and wandering. I wanted to improve, contribute and share to my fellow travelers these places for their convenience the same way how technology is making things easier nowadays. Of course the chance of me being part of Google and maybe visiting their headquarters soon 🙂

Cresta de Gallo Island - Sibuyan Island, RomblonCresta de Gallo Island - Sibuyan Island, RomblonBiri Island, Northern SamarBiri Island, Northern SamarMaraming Salamat! ("Thank you very much!" in Filipino)