YanniY's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Introduce Yourself - June 2017

@mohammadrezaNa Welcome to Local guides Connect. The family is very pleased to have you here. 

Level 10

@Wouter You are very highly and welcome to local guides Connect. We are very happy to have you here. 

Level 4

Hi yanni , 

I am Jayaram from india. I am 22 year old boy. I wants to know about the cause of posting in the local guides. Does this gives any use in future or can we money from this?

@YanniY wrote:

As "Introduce Yourself" threads get quite long, we start new ones regularly and lock the old ones. Be sure to check the old threads to see who already joined and where they are from (simply search "Introduce Yourself"). If you're new, please use this thread to post your "I'm new" or "Hello world" posts. We will move any posts we find into here to keep the site organized.

Hi everyone! Welcome to Local Guides Connect. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community.

To start, let me introduce myself: 

1. Name: Yanni (not the musician)
  2. Location: Singapore
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: A single contribution from a Local Guide on Google Maps can help users around the world make informed decisions that could result in a wonderful experience. Amazing!
  4. I love to share: I love to share photos so that other Local Guides can see the world through my eyes.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I was sharing a review of a place on Google Maps and was prompted to join Local Guides.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love photography and hoped that I could be a nature photographer next time. That’s me truffle hunting in Western Australia!

truffle hunting.jpg

Your turn next!

Level 8

Re: Introduce myself

Level 10

Hello @Pankaj90@ welcome to LG family. You can tag any LG by using @ sign. Tagging them lets them get notified about your post.

You can re-introduce yourself according to the format given in first page.

Happy to see you here. Happy mapping bro 🙂

@Pankaj90 wrote:

Hello AmarsheeB, 

I am Pankaj Purkayastha from the city of Hojai, Assam, India. I find, you are a friendly person. I have been to Gujarat 3 times. I like travelling a lot. I love reading all types of books, love to sing, love to explore geographical areas and history. Assam is very rich in natural beauties and resources. Proper exploitation will make the state a perfect place for tourists. Thanks a lot. Keep writing......

Level 10

Your travelling will definitely help you to become best local guide and to serve people via. map directions.

Welcome to LG family dear @TaeyoungKIM.

Best wishes from Nepal. Happy mapping!

TeayoungKIM wrote:

Hi all,

• Name: Taeyoung KIM (Currently working for international NGO as HR manager in South Sudan)

• Location: Currently in Maputo Mozambique (In July Maputo → Geneva → Seoul → Tokyo → Hong Kong → Cebu → Bangkok → Okinawa → Juba will be based in Juba South Sudan till June 2018)

• What I love about being a Local Guide: It is very good to keep my good memories and records about the visiting to places that I would like to share them with others. I also get a lot of good information from people so I feel that it is necessary to pay it forward

• I love sharing: Besides mapping, I love making records – photos, notes, and things so wherever I go I try to take nice pictures to post them on Google Maps & sharing my experience with others.

• How did I hear about Local Guides: I saw people contributing to local guide programme I was just being passive end user using the information to decide which restaurants, hotels and places to visit. But after few days when I was traveling I found this amazing community on google maps. That was a very happiest moment for me.

• Fun & Fact About Me: I have been wandering around the world since my teenage days – studied in Canada in 1997 till 2003 for highschool and univ then joined the ROK (Republic of Korea) army for two years then started my volunteer work in Bhutan – one of the happiest country in the world in 2006. Since then I worked and lived in Sri Lanka, Cambodia, South Africa, Swaziland and now South Sudan.Kuang si water falls in LaosKuang si water falls in LaosI love I ScreamI love I ScreamThe famous Taktsang / Tiger's Nest in BhutanThe famous Taktsang / Tiger's Nest in Bhutan

Level 10

Welcome to Introduction thread dear @Anonymous.

Happy mapping!

Luis Lekibau De AraujoLuis Lekibau De Araujo

Level 10

Welcome to LG family dear @aandhika

Hope to see different forums of LG connect.

You can add your personal photo in your introduction.

Happy mapping!

@aandhika wrote:

Name: Andhika

What I share: I like to share photos & videos so people can see the world through my eyes.

Things I share: Foods (culinary), great places (traveling), events, arts, culture & society.

Level 10

Welcome to LG family @River_Wilde

Hope to see you in different forums of LG connect.

Happy mapping bro.

@River_Wilde wrote:

Name: River Wilde

Location: Colorado Springs and all over Colorado, United States.

What do I love about being a Local Guide: I get to share my favorite places with others! There are so many trails and natural features I know that aren't on the maps *yet*!! 

I love to share: Hiking trails, honest yet cheeky reviews for mom and pop shops, and photos with a new perspective on locations.

How did I hear about Local Guides: A message popped up on my phone about it and I've been addicted ever since!

Fun Fact: I'm a photographer. I do a lot of event & model photography. I love representing a person's story through images.Me goofing off at work. We were doing a photo set in a lake at night using waterproof string lights and LEDs to illuminate the subjects.Me goofing off at work. We were doing a photo set in a lake at night using waterproof string lights and LEDs to illuminate the subjects.

Level 10

There is no doubt that your contribution in map is too much valuabl

@TomaHawk wrote:

1966958_10203083634992716_510574874_n.jpgHello guys 🙂
My Name Is Muhammad.. I'm from Alexandria, Egypt < it's an amazing ancient city in the Mediterranean sea
         What do I love about being a Local Guide: Again and again it's the passion of helping others, as Google maps helped me a lot in many situations , especially when i started driving i went everywhere easily and smoothly 😄
I've hear about local guides by chance when i was using Google Maps
 i'd like to share good things , customs, love, friendship, culture and respect with all people around the world !
I like many things especially reading, football(soccer) , cars and travelling

e. 

Welcome to LG family @TomaHawk.

Happy mapping!