AngieYC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Its me, From the old mapmaker until now

Hello everyone, thanks you all for guide the people in the lovely google maps app. 

I want to introduce myself for know me better. I'm a journalist and news photographer in Iran and writer in a news agency of ourselves.

photo_2024-02-16_19-43-48.jpg

1. Name: AMIR Heydari

2. Location: MasjedSoleyman, Iran 🇮🇷

3. What I love about being a Local Guide: in 2007 or 2008 when I bought my new pc I just wanted to add my friends home and pictures on map and then found the Panoramio and mapmaker. i always want to help people and communities and after finding the mapmaker I was started to add and edits over 15000 edit in mapmaker. after a while google maps app is come to android phones and I was continue editing maps until now. 

4. My favorite thing to explore: Photography, Edit maps, translate WordPress plugins, watch movie.

5. Fun fact about me: you never see me sad and never cant make me sad 😂

contact me on telegram with: @AMIR_121 ID.
Connect Moderator

Re: Its me, From the old mapmaker until now

Hi @AMIR_121 

Nice presentation.  Are you still using facemasks in Iran?

I have moved your post to the monthly intro thread where it fits better.

Cheers and Welcome again

Morten

Level 9

Re: Its me, From the old mapmaker until now

thanks @MortenCopenhagen 

no, the corona is over here and just in public places we must wear masks. but i dont have any better picture 😄 and its for last year in Naft MasjedSoleyman FC. stadium when i want to photograph the football game. 

contact me on telegram with: @AMIR_121 ID.
Level 7

Melak Tadesse

ሰላም! I’m delighted to share some fascinating insights about Melak Tadesse, a remarkable private tour guide in the Omo Valley. Melak’s passion for showcasing the rich cultural tapestry and natural wonders of Ethiopia is truly commendable.

About Melak Tadesse

Experience: Melak has been guiding travelers since 2010 and has hosted adventurers from around the globe. His expertise ranges from providing 5-star experiences to gritty, authentic adventures.

Education: Melak formally studied tourism at university, and he now teaches tourism to students. His tours are not only safe and comfortable but also deeply authentic.

Authentic Encounters: Traveling with Melak means experiencing something distinctive beyond typical holiday packages. Whether it’s dancing through Ethiopian villages during Christmas, listening to birdsong at sunrise, or unexpectedly being welcomed into a school, Melak ensures lasting memories.

Unesco World Heritage Sites: Ethiopia boasts an abundance of these sites, and Melak ensures you see the most important ones. From bustling Addis Ababa to the rock-hewn churches of Lalibela, your journey will be rich with history and flavor.

Simien Mountains: Explore the Simien Mountains, where deep canyons and jagged peaks create an otherworldly landscape.

Denakil Depression (Dalol): Venture into the hot and dry Denakil Depression, known as “the Gate of hell.” Witness an actively volcanic depression with a permanent lava lake and vast fields of yellow and orange sulphuric rocks.

Omo Valley: Melak’s home tribe resides in the Omo Valley. Here, you can sleep under the stars, hear enchanting chants, and share homemade beer. The nearby Mursi tribe, famous for their large lip plates, adds to the cultural richness.

Guiding Skills: Melak pairs travelers with enthusiastic, caring, and professionally trained guides. Their knowledge spans prehistory, ethnography, conservation, flora, and fauna of Ethiopia and East Africa.

Unique Experiences: Melak recommends camping with the tribes of the Omo Valley for a completely different way of life.

Personal Background: Born and raised in Jinka, a small Ethiopian city in the Southern part of Ethiopia, Melak’s love for this cultural crossroads shines through.

Whether you’re exploring ancient churches, witnessing tribal markets, or savoring Ethiopian coffee, Melak Tadesse ensures an unforgettable journey. 🌍🇪🇹

For more information, you can find Melak Tadesse on TourHQ1.

Connect Moderator

Re: Melak Tadesse

Hello @MelakT 

Welcome-Back-to-Connect...  after a little while away. I noticed that your last comment was about 3 years ago. Good you decided to interact and share a post on connect again.

This is a nice post,thank you. I know you have shared photos with a post in the past so could you please do that with this current post? It will make your post more interesting and appealing to us.

Lastly please when you edit the post to add a photo,could you please post it on the appropriate board or section of connect? I feel this post will be better on local stories or Travels. Want to know how to edit your post? 👉🏼 Please check here  . Thank you in advance.

Happy guiding 

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder |Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 10

Hai @MelakT . 

Please follow @SholaIB suggestion, it will be make your post look nicer. 

Also it will be nice if you add the link of places that you mention on your post. 

So we can visit it virtually. 

Keep on contributing on Google Maps and here on Local Guides Connect.

Tag (@BudiFXW) in your post or comment, I will happily to connect with you.
Connect Moderator

Welcome to LG Connect @MelakT 🙏

and thank you for introducing MelakT i.e. yourself to everyone 😄

Your post was on the borderline of spam.

Anyways, I present you with a Welcome-to-Connect-Card created by @SholaIB that will guide you about what is Connect and how to use Connect.

Level 6

Embarking on a Nomadic Adventure: Noe's Journey from Argentina to Everywhere

cortada.jpg

Hey there, fellow forum friends!

I'm Noe, a wandering soul originally hailing from the beautiful land of Argentina. But let me tell you, I've been on the move for so long that even my passport is starting to feel like a well-traveled novel!

Since bidding adieu to high school over half a lifetime ago, I've embarked on countless adventures that have blurred the lines between where I live and where I'm from. I like to joke that the planet is my permanent address, and wherever my feet land, that's where I belong.

So, here I am, ready to swap tales, share laughs, and maybe even pick up a few new travel buddies along the way.

I love about being a local guide to be able

to help in an uninterested way, and now discovering this community that seams interesting.

And fun facts about me, mmmm there are a few but dont know which are aprópiate for here haha. 

Level 8

The benefits of walking on the beach

Hello, my name is Flávia, I am Portuguese-Brazilian, I was born in Brazil and I live in Portugal. During the Pandemic my profession came to a complete halt, and as I was already anxious I became even more so, because of that I went to research what I could do as alternatives to medicine and discovered that walking on the beach was the best, as in addition to the mind it also helped the body. to get healthy. In addition to all the benefits of walking, you can count on the addition of: Vitamin D, Motor coordination, Less stress and anxiety, Respiratory improvements, among others... if you want to know more about this subject, just comment and I will bring photos of beautiful beaches where I went and talk about each benefit one by one.

20230910_201803.jpg

 (Cala Mesquita, Mallorca, Spain)

PT - Olá, me chamo Flávia, sou Luso-brasileiro, nasci no Brasil e vivo em Portugal. Durante a Pandemia a minha profissão parou totalmente, e como eu já era ansiosa fiquei mais ainda, por causa disso fui pesquisar o que poderia fazer em alternativas aos remédios e descobri que Caminhar na praia era o melhor, pois além da mente ajudava o corpo também a ficar saudável. Além de todos os benefícios da caminhada você pode contar com o acréscimo de: Vitamina D, Coordenação motora, Menos stress e ansiedade, Melhorias respiratórias entre outros... se quiser saber mais sobre esse assunto e só comentar que vou trazer fotos de praias lindas onde passei e falar sobre cada benefício um a um.

Connect Moderator

Re: The benefits of walking on the beach

Welcome to LG Connect @flaviamolina 🙏 and thanks for sharing the benefits of walking and your experiences.

I present you with a Welcome-to-Connect-Card created by @SholaIB that will guide you about what is Connect and how to use it.