cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

1. Name: Yogesh Kale
  2. Location: Pune, India
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Millions around us are using Google. It's a great feeling to be able to contribute to this platform and help others make their decisions 
  4. I love to share:  I love to review and share photos
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Have been contributing to Google since early days of mapmaker and in course of time Google Local Guides evolved
Level 5

Introduce Yourself — April 2018

• Name: Adaikkappan in Short am called “Ad” by my friends and colleaguesAdaikkappan-Localguide.jpg
    • Where am from: Dubai, UAE
    • About myself in short: Am an Indian working and living in Dubai with my lovely family here. Digital marketer by profession.
    • My passion: From my college days (15 years back), I love to digitally connect people. Before Google, there were other platforms like yahoo where we can form a group with email ids and send emails to the group…..I started there by forming group within all my class mates and we share information be it related to our studies or anything which is useful to others as a student. Got in to digital marketing as a career…I lived in Qatar for 6 years (I still travel there officially and personally), before I move to Qatar, I registered a domain called QatarIndians.com and had a FB page as well and today I have around 43000 followers and love to read the news which I post in and around Qatar which helps the local Indians living there….So anything which is useful to the community and that is digital, I would like to be part of it…and so Google Local Guide
    • Being a Local Guide: I use Google extensively before I choose to go to place be it with my family or friends to find out more about a shop or restaurant or a mall. This made me to know much more about a place than anyone in my family and friends group. So lot of friends asks me reviews before they decide to go which made me feel proud and happy to help and I thought I should contribute more online as a local guide who helps not only people whom I know but also others who are looking for information and quality reviews. When I see people who viewed my reviews or like it, that makes me so happy and boost me more to what am doing now. Also in my reviews I ensure I maintain quality and useful information in terms of what am reviewing about, be it how easy to reach a particular place or is it worth going all the way there. I visualize my reviews as a user who is looking for information and write it rather just throwing content for the sake of writing it.

Level 8

Google Local Guides Program and me

I have been travelling back and forth between India and abroad since 2009. Whenever I step in a new location fewer things seem new. The reason is that before setting my step into the new location, I reconnaisse the location through Google map. Even before stepping into a city I list up apartments and communicate with the managers thereof. I make list of grocery stores near to preferred apartment location, pharmacies, GPs' offices, USPS, UPS and Fedex, Bank and all I need to start living in a location. It is true that Google map has helped me a lot in settling down in a place abroad.

When I tried to find locations in India, it appeared there is little and no information about useful places in the map of India, especially in 

that of my city Kolkata and my state West Bengal. Fortunately, I discovered the "Add places" button in Google maps in 2016. Since then I started adding places, streets, posting reviews and answering questions. 

My contributions made me Google Local Guide, which I was unaware until receiving an email calling me a Local Guide.

Still there are a lot of places in Kolkata and West Bengal to be added in Google Map. I am putting my efforts in adding them.

Level 8

Ok...  Thank you 🙂  @KarenVChin

Level 6

Saint PetersburgSaint Petersburg1. Name: Paulo Emanuel D’Alva
2. Location: Sao Tome, Sao Tome and Principe 🇸🇹 (West Africa islands)
3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Being a Local Guide for me is more than just Rate places earn badges, its about LOVE TO HELP, it’s about being the eyes and the compass of someone who needs your help. It's like being a blind man's cane in an unfamiliar place. And this is what excites me! As a travel lover, adventurer and discoverer of new places, knowing that I am contributing to improving people's experiences in different places, causes me to feel fulfilled. And the most important thing is to know that I have a family that supports: We Are Local Guides!

4. I love to share: I love to share creative ideas, photographies, and Love. 

5. How did I hear about Local Guide: From a Local Guide Summit friends.
6. Fun fact about me: From childhood I was always in love with science and technology, it was the disciplines in which I had the highest grades. This passion has awakened in me the spirit of problem solver, taking advantage of these areas to design innovative solutions to solve global problems and improve people's lives, especially in my African continent. In the year 2016 I developed a project that solved the problem of Food Security and Waste of Agricultural Production. This Startup won the Africa Entrepreneurship Award, where I was listed as TOP 50 Entrepreneurs in Africa. This year I achieved one of my goals, receiving the Next Einstein Forum award from the President of the Republic of Rwanda. Besides being an entrepreneur, I am an architect by profession.

Level 8

Re: Hi, Google! I'm Grandy William Kinsey and This is My Experience in Japan :)

Thank you so much! I really like to make this video and upload it to NET. Mediatama Televisi, one of the famous broadcasting media in Indonesia.

Several videos are also available in internet live streaming, so you can watch it if you have time 🙂

You may also try to searching me on these video!

Hope you enjoy it guys!

Best regards,
Grandy William Kinsey
QWP® Bachelor Degree of SBM-ITB 2015 (S.Mn),
Master Degree of YUMOT Japan (MOT).
grandywilliamk.wordpress.com/blog
Level 7

2017-12-05 01.42.02 1_LOW RES.jpg

1. Name: Jacky
2. Location: Hong Kong
3. When I start my HK Local Guide Journey: Since 2017
4. What I love about being a Local Guide: There are several reasons for me to being a Local Guide. My friends always ask me the suggestion about perfect place for dining, a good place to host an event. Being the Local Guide can let me to show them the suggestions and other people all over the world! Furthermore, I love to explore interesting places! It can broaden my horizons too! Moreover, I love to keep things systematic and organized, the accuracy of the information on the map is very important. I would love to make Google Map more readable and usable for foreigner to use it 🙂
5. Fun Fact About Me: No Photography No Life!

Nice to meet you all 🙂

Thanks & Regards,
Jacky Chua
Connect Moderator

Re: Hi, Google! I'm Grandy William Kinsey and This is My Experience in Japan :)

Hi I have removed the solution marker on this post as solutions are reserved for answers to questions. Please use kudos or a reply to say thank you rather than marking a solution to a non question. I will move this post and its replies to the combined intro post for April.

Regards Paul

Level 9

Hi @Adaikkappan

Welcome to google connect community.

You have posted your introduction in wrong place I will leave link behind for proper.post of introduction.

Introduce yourself to the community Here

for a good understanding of the program read this Link for maps and    Using local guide connect   to get an easy way to understand connect.

Link for Connect live  Connect Live 2018 site

Best of luck 

Regards,

Shravan

Level 6

Dear shravanj

Thx 4 your reply