brittym's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Hi @Shirley,

Many thanks for your warm welcome, and the links too. Please do you happen to the link to Ottawa Local Guides Community?

Level 5

Thanks @DeanShan

Yeah, Deans rock.. lol

Level 8

Re: Hello from Dubai Flâneur

Hi @IshaSS

Its good to hear about you. Would love to meet you 😀

Level 7

I'm From Rio Also, but now I live in the US 🙂 

Former Google Contributor

Hello @ChefGoldy,

Welcome to Connect! 

I have redacted your personal contact details from this post. You might not know this, but we do not encourage Local Guides to share private information publicly on Connect in order to protect yours and other users' privacy and safety. If you wish to get in touch with other Local Guides, there is a private messaging system in place instead.

You can watch this video on getting started as a contributor. You’ll also be able to review the program’s rules and best practices here. Learn more about searching the community for opportunities to engage and find topics that interest you most.

I invite you to Connect and can’t wait to see what you’ll post next!

Level 10

Hello @ArielleM_, after reading your message, I feel I need to be contacted as soon as possible by a Google Moderator. Could you please tell me how to contact a Google moderator

Former Google Contributor

Hey @JeanRV,

We're all here to help - simply continue tagging a moderator as you did with my name and we'll be directed to your query. Feel free to state the issue here.

Level 9

@dcmexy: There is a G+ community for Ottawa. I haven't followed along in awhile, not since my last trip there last year in the spring. But join and it looks like they have a few active members trying to do meet ups!

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 3

1. Name: Andy
  2. Location: London
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I'm either a nerd, mod or lead on various science/coding forums and QA sites, I'm also an avid gamer. Google Local Guides fulfills the best of both passions! In terms of it as a forum, it's the only one I know that has successfully gamified the process of being outdoors and sharing stuff as you do it! In terms of it being a game, there aren't many I can count where you're rewarded, and levelled, so well by helping others. Good game Google!
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: Korean BBQ, Vegan Kebabs, and spicy stuff.
  5. Fun Fact about me: I use supercomputers to solve problems in Malaria research. When I started at the Juelich Supercomputing Center, around 2 years ago, the machine I was trained on was in the top 10 fastest in Europe, now it's in the top 20! Machines improve quickly.

Level 7

@ArielleM_

OK I will follow your instructions 

Thanks