cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Introduce Yourself - April 2017

1. Name:Jonas
  2. Location:Kapenguria, Kenya
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide:Being a Local Guide is definitely my way of life: I love discovering new places and new things and I love the fact that my contributions however small it is impacts on millions of people's life's on a day to day basis. 
  4. I love to share:My best photography skills, Best Reviews of places in maps that I can recommend to others, interesting pictures with unusual views. Great content from Google, my special skills and knowledge about mapping. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides:I was checking on my old mapmaker contribution and buuuuum; there it was, “get rewards for your contribution!” I definitely said yes, like a big yeeeees.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love hanging out with friends, partying and developing stunning websites and my secret super hobby is photography.

Fun time in DianiFun time in Diani

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
Level 2

Bls: Introduce Yourself - April 2017

Name: Gus Location: Prishtina, Kosovo
What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love the fact that my contributions have a HUGE impact in the world and help millions of people everyday! I love to share: I love to add and edit places.
Wherever I go I try to use "Check the Facts" and look for missing information
How did I hear about Local Guides: After a some time working with Map Maker I saw this amazing group of people who share the same passion as I do.
Why not join, eh!?
Fun Fact About Me: I love to discover local foods everywhere,love programing etc

Level 7

Hello world.

Name: Edo

What do I love about being a Local Guide:  I love to share and proud become one of LG

How did I hear about Local Guide: I found it in map and I try to get start

Fun Fact About Me: I always have time for fun matterIMG_20170309_115502.jpg

Level 10

Hello world!

1. Name: Jean VINCENT 
  2. Location: Versailles France
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Being a local guide has changed the way I look around me. For example, it made me pay attention to this memorial plaque and discover how important Henri Grégoire had been in the advancement of Human Rights. I also love the interaction between the internet and the real world:  internet helps me understand the real world I see, watching the real world helps me improve the internet: posting photos at the right place, updating Google Maps.
  4. I love to share:  Perfection, when the map represents accurately the real world and also funny stuff.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: After turning my smartphone location on, I started receiving mail from Google suggesting to post photos. I registered as Local guide in August 2016
  6. Fun Fact About Me: My favorite word is why. I now love philosophy although I was not gifted for philosophy as a student.

Cheers

Level 8

AslamM menulis:

@RoedyR a warm welcome to local guides connect community!

very well , thanks

Reody Rustam
Level 7

Name: Kel
Location: Louisiana, USA (Orlando, Florida is my second home ❤️)
What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love that I truly feel like I'm a necessary part of Google. I love knowing that what I'm doing has a purpose, and that I'm helping people from all over the world, whom I may never even meet, just by sharing my experiences! 
I love to share: I love sharing short and straight forward reviews of the places I've visited as well as answering questions about them. But I REALLY love uploading photos! I can't even describe the feeling I get when I get that weekly email detailing how many views the pictures I've uploaded have received, and which photo was my most popular. It's so awesome!
How did I hear about Local Guides: This is actually a really funny story that I plan on sharing in my Summit 2017 Video Introduction, but the short answer is that I heard about it a few weeks ago via email from Google. Apparently I've been a Local Guide for years and didn't even know it! 😂
Fun Facts About Me: I'm a Disney College Program Alumni, and the Butterbeer at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is my Kryptonite! 
Cheers!Cheers!

Level 9

Hello World 

Hello Local guides

• Name: Zahid Rasel
  • What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love to travel, i love Sharing information. When i know about google local guide program, its attract me. When i think the fact that my contributions have a great impact in the world and help millions of people everyday, i feel very good about it.
  • I love to share: I love to take picture of different places.  I love to add and edit places. Wherever I go I try to add missing places, missing information and edit places. 
  • How did I hear about Local Guides: My last vacation, i go to italy. There i know about google local guide program and i add some picture in google map. Few days later i saw that lots of people see my picture. I mean my picture have lots of views. I feel that its helpful for others. After that i work as google local guide.
  • Fun Fact About Me: I love to traveling. I love to take picture. Traveling and photography is my passion.

FB_IMG_1488025087049.jpg

FB_IMG_1488025040978.jpg

IMG_20170106_162658_596.jpg

Level 7

1. Name: Tiffany
  2. Location: San Jose, California
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love the gamification aspect of it. Gaining points and perks!
  4. I love to share: New places. Seeing grand openings and being the first to place the location on maps.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: My friend told me about this thing that gave free drive storage.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I'm working as a contractor at Google right now.

Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 4.03.18 PM.png
Tiffany Chou
Level 7

Introduce Yourself - April 2017

Hi, everyone!

• Name: Souvick Pramanick
  • What do I love about being a Local Guide: I can create a street view. Creating a new street view excites me a lot. I take at least one photosphere from my phone wherever I go and upload it on google maps and connect them in google street view for a better understanding of that space for others. In India lots of the places don't street view, even it doesn’t have any basic photo.
  • I love to share: Photosphere, Honest review.
  • How did I hear about Local Guides: I can't remember, probably Google map asked me to join as a Local Guide.
  • Fun Fact About Me: I’m an architect and urban planning student. As an architect & planner, we need to explore different cities, buildings to work on. For that, we need to travel different cities. But It is not possible for a guy from a 3rd world country to visit all those cities you need to study. So I use local VR headset, Google maps, street view and then I teleport for exploring rich architecture stories from different cities like NYC, London, LA, Paris, Rome, and Barcelona etc.

IMG_4374.JPG

Level 5

Hi from Denver!

1. Name: Adam
  2. Location: Denver, Colorado, U.S.A.
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I rely heavily upon the excellent Google Maps reviews and accurate date provided by other contributors to find great places to dine and excellent local business to patronize. It's my way of giving back to the community I get so much from.
  4. I love to share: As a foodie, you'll find most of my reviews are about restaurants and pubs. I will typically leave my favorite dish and tell you what I think about the atmosphere.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I was invited directly by Google. I assume it's because they realized I had great taste from all of the reviews I put up from before they even counted towards LG points.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I am an adrenaline junkie and I love taking up new sports. I am an avid outdoorsman and I'm learning to paraglide this yearTaken yesterday from beautiful Golden, Colorado.Taken yesterday from beautiful Golden, Colorado.