Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Igor.jpg

Hello Everyone!

A pleasure to be here with you!

1. Name: Igor
  2. Location: Gijón- Asturias (Spain) 
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Having the opportunity to discover new places, experiment new things, and share them with the rest of the world, trying to improve their holidays, weekends, or just help them to select where to go, and how to enjoy more. The great thing is that it works viceversa! because I am also helped, it is a two way information highway.

Also improving the knowledge and helping people to discover new places in my city and sorroundings, describing them from my particular point of view. Most of the time, pleople just write opinions if they want to compain about something, and           sometimes it´s necesary, but not always, as it not fair, and there are lots o great things, and experiences that shall be know by the rest of the people.  

Above all, everything in the "Google World", where all is made to make people´s live easier is amazing!

1. My favorite thing to explore: I love travelling, sharing every new country, city, or place that I visit, but what it´s really interesting, is to discover those unknow, tinny places for the mayority of the people, and point them in a map.
  2. Fun Fact about me: I try to experiment the world in as many ways as I can, and if that involves wathching nature from it´s inside, better, I like to dive, surf, snowboard, hiking.... I am also and enthusiastic of homebrewing, and I enjoy it with friends and family.

Apart from these things, more related to the google maps world, I love technology, and as an engineer (and many times motivated by the google spirit) I like to develope things trying to improve the world. Now, I am self-learning AI through                      Moocs, books, and applying it through python and Tensorflow. Let´s see how far can we reach!

See you soon!

Level 9

Re: Please HELP! Can't find my introduction anymore

sure @Anna- i think your introduction in the quarantine area and it will be released soon , i remebered i read it 🙂

et me tag @KlaudiyaG she is very helpful :)))

Level 9

Re: Please HELP! Can't find my introduction anymore

sure @Anna- i think your introduction in the quarantine area and it will be released soon , i remembered i read it 🙂

et me tag @KlaudiyaG she is very helpful :)))

Level 6

Hi there all Local Guides!

It is so interesting to read all your introductions!

A special word of welcome to the new comers!  Below, more info on me, from sunny South Africa!

This is me! Annemarie :-)This is me! Annemarie 🙂

Name:  Annemarie Marx

Location:  The platinum mining town of Rustenburg, in the North West Province of South Africa

What I love about being a local guide:  The most rewarding aspect of being a local guide is the ability to assist small rural areas and entrepreneurs alike to be featured on Google maps.  I travel around my rural province for work quite often, and it gives me great pleasure to be able to capture images of small villages and their people and give them "a voice" on Google Maps. 

When a notice that a new business has opened, I check to see if they are featured yet, and if not, I love to add them as a new place with their location, a description and photos.  In that way, I contribute to help their business grow and for customers to find them easily! 

This is me in a rural village near Broedersput, connecting with the locals, of which I added a few images to mapsThis is me in a rural village near Broedersput, connecting with the locals, of which I added a few images to maps

Cuisine:  I love trying and taking images of unique and innovative African cuisine.  We have excellent chefs in South Africa 

Octopus salad, which I totally enjoyed at the East Head Cafe in Knysna, South AfricaOctopus salad, which I totally enjoyed at the East Head Cafe in Knysna, South Africa

Fun Fact About Me:  I am a trail runner! I love the beauty and reward of running in wide open spaces and the view from the top! This hobby often takes me to breathtaking locations -the most recent of which was high up in the mountains of my neighbouring country of Lesotho, at  3222 metres above sea level. The mountains were awe-inspiring and I have captured the Afri-Ski resort where we were staying on maps 🙂

Trail running in the Lesotho mountainsTrail running in the Lesotho mountains

Always exploring!Always exploring!

I am looking forward to reading more local guide introductions!

Level 9

very nice introduction @namitha :))))

i am in love with Ikea :)))))))))

Level 5

I will introduce myself for Connect Live. Hello everyone.

Named: My name is Miwa Inuzuka. Inuzuka's Inu has a meaning of dog in Japanese and everyone calls me Inu-chan (I think it is doggy in English). But I prefer cat. ; )

Place: I was born in Japan, Kyushu, Fukuoka.

Family: Mother, there are two cats. For cats older people have Lily (), younger one has GLAY ().

Occupation: Currently I am not on regular work. Until last year I was a graduate student of the Graduate School of Medicine. I was studying chemistry at university.

What is my favorite thing in the local guide? : The reason for bedome a "local guide" is that it is enjoyable to image a "cry of joy" by increasing the number of customers by review freshly opened stores and shops that are not prospering. And to I want to tell the fun of those stores for new users.

"Connect Live" is very interesting to me.

Comments: I am sorry if I made a double post by mistake.

Level 5

Welcome  @Annemarie 🙂

@Annemarie wrote:

Hi there all Local Guides!

It is so interesting to read all your introductions!

A special word of welcome to the new comers!  Below, more info on me, from sunny South Africa!

This is me! Annemarie :-)This is me! Annemarie 🙂

Name:  Annemarie Marx

Location:  The platinum mining town of Rustenburg, in the North West Province of South Africa

What I love about being a local guide:  The most rewarding aspect of being a local guide is the ability to assist small rural areas and entrepreneurs alike to be featured on Google maps.  I travel around my rural province for work quite often, and it gives me great pleasure to be able to capture images of small villages and their people and give them "a voice" on Google Maps. 

When a notice that a new business has opened, I check to see if they are featured yet, and if not, I love to add them as a new place with their location, a description and photos.  In that way, I contribute to help their business grow and for customers to find them easily! 

This is me in a rural village near Broedersput, connecting with the locals, of which I added a few images to mapsThis is me in a rural village near Broedersput, connecting with the locals, of which I added a few images to maps

Cuisine:  I love trying and taking images of unique and innovative African cuisine.  We have excellent chefs in South Africa 

Octopus salad, which I totally enjoyed at the East Head Cafe in Knysna, South AfricaOctopus salad, which I totally enjoyed at the East Head Cafe in Knysna, South Africa

Fun Fact About Me:  I am a trail runner! I love the beauty and reward of running in wide open spaces and the view from the top! This hobby often takes me to breathtaking locations -the most recent of which was high up in the mountains of my neighbouring country of Lesotho, at  3222 metres above sea level. The mountains were awe-inspiring and I have captured the Afri-Ski resort where we were staying on maps 🙂

Trail running in the Lesotho mountainsTrail running in the Lesotho mountains

Always exploring!Always exploring!

I am looking forward to reading more local guide introductions!

Level 7

@RobinMahajan

Hello Robin 

Be in contact 

I am from Tanda Urmar 

Hoshiarpur 

Mobile [redacted[

Level 9

اهلا اهلا بالصيادلة الزملاء

:)))) @Smayra 

مقدمة كتيير حلوة و فرصة سعيدة

اهلا و سهلا بك 

Level 9

hahahaha very funny photo @toporovda :))))))))))