AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about a Local Guides reward email? Read this first

Google Editor

Caption: An illustration of a bow, two gift boxes, a gift bag, and a gift tag with the Local Guides logo on it against a purple background.Caption: An illustration of a bow, two gift boxes, a gift bag, and a gift tag with the Local Guides logo on it against a purple background.

Updated 6/15/2022: We've expanded the list below of the most common questions we receive on Connect, so be sure to check them out if you have a query about rewards.   

The reviews, photos, videos, and knowledge you share on Google Maps make it easier for millions of people to navigate our world. To show our appreciation, we offer special rewards to active Local Guides who regularly contribute on Maps.

We often partner with other brands to give Local Guides like you discounts and exciting offers on products we think you’ll love. Local Guides may also receive early access to new Google products, invitations to events, Google swag, and more.

Got a reward? The best place to get information about it is through the email you received and the link to the redemption site. If you’re not subscribed to emails about rewards, be sure to update your email preferences.

The Local Guides program is constantly evolving and so are its rewards. If you have a suggested partner or a reward you would like to see offered in your area, we welcome your feedback in the How-tos.

Below are answers to questions we often receive about rewards.

How do I get rewards?

Rewards are offered to Local Guides from time to time as a thank you for contributing great content on Google Maps. You may receive a reward because you’ve consistently shared high-quality contributions, reached a certain level, or often review a category related to a reward. Rewards may be offered to Local Guides in particular regions. To see where you are signed up for Local Guides, please visit your Local Guides settings.

How will I know if I’ve received a reward?

Local Guides are notified through email about rewards they’re eligible to redeem. To receive rewards, you must be subscribed to emails about them and contribute regularly on Maps. Please be sure that your email preferences have reward emails enabled by visiting your Local Guides settings.

I just changed my opt-in region to be one of the cities where a reward is available. Will I receive the reward?

No. Changing your region after a reward has become available there will not change your eligibility to receive the reward.

May I redeem a reward for cash?

No. Rewards have no cash value. Depending on the terms and conditions of your reward, you may be able to give the offer code to a friend or family member, but you may not sell or exchange the reward for money. Check the details in your reward email to find out.

I want to receive a reward! What makes me eligible?

Rewards are offered from time to time to active Local Guides worldwide or by region. Please keep sharing your high-quality contributions to maximize your chances of being eligible. Please also make sure that your email preferences have rewards enabled by visiting your Local Guides settings.

I redeemed a reward for a Local Guides-branded item, but it hasn’t arrived. What should I do?

Some rewards are shipped internationally, so please allow up to 6 weeks for delivery. Tracking numbers are not available. If you received a damaged item or it’s been more than 6 weeks since you’ve ordered with no sign of your package, please follow the steps on the FAQ page to request a replacement.

4,718 Comments
Connect Moderator

@AbhishekModanwal 

You are in the right place. But unfortunately you waited too long.

If you have not yet read Questions about a Local Guides reward email? Read this first, please do so.

If more than 6 weeks and not more than 6 months went by, please try the last form on the page called Frequently Asked Questions about Rewards. Have your redemption code at hand.

Sorry
Morten

Connect Moderator

Hello @Rajveer8585 

Welcome to LG Connect 🙏 and congratulations on your first post here.

It is nice to know that you are interested in connecting with local guides in your area.

I recommend reading these amazing tips to connect with local guides in your neighborhood.

Also, please introduce yourself to the local guide community here and get featured on Connect:
https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Introduce-Yourself-March-2024/td-p/3722464

I haven't received my local guide perk which is Google Maps pin. I recieved an email on 01May 2023 with redemption code and I successfully redeemed it and entered my address. After that I had received the confirmation email from map. But yet I have not received that pin.

1000018274.jpg

Connect Moderator

Hi - please fill in the form at the very bottom of this page (What can I do about a missing or damaged item?) and submit it. It's been almost a year so you may or may not be able to get a replacement, but worth a shot.

https://redemption.usbrandaddition.com/LocalGuides/#/faq 

To keep the forum organized, I will also merge your post to the mega thread below

Connect Moderator

Hello @KashishJain 

Thank you for your private message. Please note that issues like that are better on the forum boards proper so that other local guides can also benefit from your question and replies.In general we don't encourage local guides to contact moderators privately. Unless personal contact information are needed. Thank you 

I see that it's an issue of about a year ago and you have already used the  rewards FAQ page. Please note that replacements are subject to availability, as this is a limited edition item. If it has been longer than 6 months since your initial order, the offer has expired and replacements are no longer available. Apologies for that. The post system in some countries could affect the delivery of your reward item. That's said please keep contributing positively to Google maps and participate actively here. Fingers crossed,you may be lucky to have another one,although it's not certain.

Why not try interacting and participating here on connect. There is so much more to be gained aside reward items that could get missing in transit.

I'm going to merge your post to the Help Desk article Question about a Local Guides reward email? Read this first to keep Connect organized. Thank you!

Happy guiding 

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge

Hi, 

I am writing this post to reach out to Google Local Guide leaders and their community. Last year, I placed my order using voucher which was sent from your end. Later I got confirmation mail with tracking id and all. It's been more than  1 year now and I am still waiting for my order. I am not happy with this kind of service. 

We as a local guide provide our valuable feedback  and received no appreaciation at all. 

Please forward this post to local guide leader community.

For security purpose, I have removed tracking id as well as url from the images.

1000032792.jpg

1000032794.jpg

1000032795.jpg

  

Connect Moderator

Hi @Thrill_Seekerr I'm sorry you've not received the token of thanks, but given you got a tracking ID it would suggest that Google fulfilled their end of the offer and that the postal system has let you down.

Paul

Connect Moderator

@Thrill_Seekerr waiting one year might be too late, considering rewards are constantly being rotated, so it may not possible to procure a replacement.

For now please fill in the form at the very bottom of this page (What can I do about a missing or damaged item?) and submit it.

https://redemption.usbrandaddition.com/LocalGuides/#/faq 

To keep the forum organized, I will also merge your post to the mega thread below. Please read the post as well as it contains important information about rewards.

I have not received the Google Local Guides reward pin yet. It's been almost a year since I met him. Could I have, please ?lgc1.jpg

Connect Moderator

Hi @Antrikshverma 

Please remove your private information from the image (your address).

If you have not yet read Questions about a Local Guides reward email? Read this first, please do so.

If more than 6 weeks and not more than 6 months went by, please try the last form on the page called Frequently Asked Questions about Rewards. Have your redemption code at hand.

Best of luck
Morten

Level 10

I have been contributing to Google Maps for about 5 years and I have never received any emails to redeem rewards. I have checked my settings and I do have the reward box checked. I know it sounds dumb, but something as small as a pin would mean a lot! Any advice would be helpful, thanks

Level 6

Hi, that's super, but actually I think it's little unfair, since my friend is only on level 4, and I am on level 7. 

Also my photos, sometimes videos are having better FPS, and resulation.

I have more reviews, more likes, more videos, more photos, more answers. 

It's little disappointing.

I would like to know if there is possible chance of getting it. Or if it is just randomly chosen.

Thanks, Crooker

Level 6

Screenshot_2024-04-25-17-02-27-27_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg

 I am redeem the code but pin not received my address. please check the details and update me ❤️🙏. Please find all the details.

Connect Moderator

Hi @Sangit004 

Best of luck
Morten

Level 7

Can I get a local Google guide badge? 

Level 8

@AriMar 

I have not received the Google Local Guides reward pin yet. 

Only one reward from Google that was shocks socks.

Level 7

I got a message from google map for a coupon and I successfully redeemed but still my swags are not delivered. I want to know can I get my reward which I had redeemed and 6 weeks have already passed but till now my reward not delivered. can I get the tracking details ,

Screenshot_20240424_181407_Gmail.jpg

Connect Moderator

Hi @Anjana_123 

If more than 6 weeks and not more than 6 months went by, please try the last form on the page called Frequently Asked Questions about Rewards

Best of luck
Morten