AdrianLunsong's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: How to write a great post - Intermediate Tips (Connect Writing Challenge)

Once again an excellent post @AdrianLunsong I can't wait to reading your Challenge post!

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Connect Moderator

Thank you for the tips and for the tag and link to my post @AdrianLunsong 

As you know, adding photos to a post is something that is really important for me. A am perfectly aware of the 1000 photo limit (I was one of the first to hit the limit), so I want to do a bit in deep in some of your tips adding some example.

Adding a photo album: if you check the album: Bordano - the butterflies village, you'll see how you can use and organize the album to add "a story in the story", which can really complement your post.

Adding a GIF file. I use Google Photos to create GIF files, thus sharing multiple photos in a single file. The quality of the photos is obviously reduced, but the effect on the post is interesting. A GIF file can also be used as a "cover photo", making your post really "catchy"

IMG_20181017_085548-ANIMATION.gif

Level 8

@AdrianLunsong  bro thanks for your super tips.

Proud to be a Local Guide.
Level 10

@AdrianLunsong  outstanding post my friend. I read it carefully and took notes of many great tips, actually I just downloaded at least three apps for photo editing that I was looking for! Thanks man!

Connect Moderator

Hi @AdrianLunsong. Does Snapseed work on desktop PC?

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Connect Moderator

Thanks very much for the kind words @LuaPL ! I look forward to your post! 😎

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Connect Moderator

Thanks very much @deepakjhic ! We all have different skills.. don't forget you're a Level 9 Local Guide!! I'm still miles from getting there and I know just how much work goes into levelling up! So kudos to you too! And don't forget, what you're not good at, can always be improved! So, don't give up, learn from the community.. read various post and study what you like/don't like about the post and when it's time for you to write your own, put your knowledge to good use!

Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
Connect Moderator

You're welcome @ahadilugo ! I'm glad you're getting positive reception to your post! Part of it is being a good story teller (so that can be your writing style, the layout, the photos etc). Part of it can be choosing topics that get the readers excited! And also, what I found with Connect, is that you will also need to nurture your readers. So you should spend time engaging with your readers and also with the community.

When you read a good post on Connect, let the author know! Perhaps ask questions, find out more, start a discussion. All these things help you engage with others and build a good relationship! 

Connect Moderator

@AdamGT Sadly no. But I do a lot of my work on mobile; doing outlines, making plans, photo editing, podcast editing etc. I don't like typing on mobile and that's the only time I switch over to the laptop. It's a bit of pain as I rely heavily on Drive to be able to move my files back and forth and work either on mobile or Chromebook, but it works!

Level 8

Hi @AdrianLunsong ,

Great post! Most helpful. Thank you!

Your pointers to free useful software to jazz up the post are very helpful. (Canva, Snapseed, Resize etc)

1. Can you recommend any free software that will add several different text on different video screenshots, please?
  2.  You are recommending to limit picture size to 1MB, whilst the posting form allows upto 3MB for a pic.. What is reason for this 1MB limitation please?
  3. Is there a way to search photos by topic from the Connect photo Library?

Thanks & Regards!

Forget champagne and caviar, taste the world instead!