Christina-NYC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: How to take photos for art and culture lovers

Hi, 

This article is very helpful. Thank you very much.

Level 7

Informative post

Connect Moderator

Great museum and art taking photo tips  @Christina-NYC. I have to remember now about taking  "symmetry" and "frame within a frame" the next time I am in buildings or outdoors.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

Very nice tips. It will help us a lot. I will remember it to my next shot. 

Level 10

@Christina-NYC

Besides wide look or symmetry, I'd like Depth of field more:((

IMG_8844.JPG

Local Guides from Taiwan.

My LGs profile➤https://www.google.com.tw/maps/contrib/101643820823137654634/◀

Level 10

Hi @Christina-NYC

Great Tips!

Here i'm adding some of Tips

Tip 1 : Take a Photos/Panorama using Tripod/Monopod

KUMBHALGARH FORT - Birthplace Of MAHARANA PRATAP.KUMBHALGARH FORT - Birthplace Of MAHARANA PRATAP.

Nilkanth Dham - PoichaNilkanth Dham - Poicha

Kumbha Shyam Temple -RajasthanKumbha Shyam Temple -Rajasthan

Gaumukh Kund - Chittorgarh, RajasthanGaumukh Kund - Chittorgarh, Rajasthan

Thank you 🙂 

Happy Mapping & Keep Contributing 🙂

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Connect Moderator

@iDepp

Very nice pictures. Thanks for sharing. 👍 

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 10

Level 7

Hi, Great pics & advise. 

Tnx for sharing !

Level 8

@Christina-NYC wrote:

Museums, theaters, and other cultural landmarks are wonderful starting points for people who are exploring a city, and it’s Local Guides like you who love art and culture that inform them of the best places to go. As we continue to share our passions with #LetsGuide, here are my tips for taking photos that help other art and culture lovers explore your city.

Tip 1:  Shoot wide to show the whole space and include people for scale

If you encounter a crowded museum or gallery, try standing further back from the crowd to get as much of the space as possible in your photo. Including people can give someone looking at your photo an understanding of the height and size of the building or space, just be sure not to show children or close-ups of people.

Caption: Photo of Red Square in Moscow with people in the foreground. (Local Guide Konstantin Gerasimov)Caption: Photo of Red Square in Moscow with people in the foreground. (Local Guide Konstantin Gerasimov)

Caption: Photo of visitors looking at paintings in a room at The Art Institute of Chicago. (Local Guide Sangyeon Cho)Caption: Photo of visitors looking at paintings in a room at The Art Institute of Chicago. (Local Guide Sangyeon Cho)

Tip 2: Find symmetry

When exploring places like museums,  you may find an area where one half of the space is identical to the other. Symmetry can add a sense of harmony to your image. If you’re having trouble keeping the image level and completely balanced, try turning on your camera’s grid for guidance.

Caption: Photo of a stairway and landing at the Art The Art Institute of Chicago. (Local Guide Ganesh Kumar)Caption: Photo of a stairway and landing at the Art The Art Institute of Chicago. (Local Guide Ganesh Kumar)

Tip 3: Create a frame within a frame

Look around you and see what can be used to frame your subject to make your photo more interesting — like trees in front of a building. Or, if there’s an archway or window in the foreground, try shooting through it to create a frame around your main subject.

Photo of Raj Mandir Cinema in Jaipur, India. (Local Guide Vianney l)Photo of Raj Mandir Cinema in Jaipur, India. (Local Guide Vianney l)

Caption: Photo of Shanghai Poly Grand Theatre through an archway in Shanghai, China.  (Local Guide Дмитрий Минаев)Caption: Photo of Shanghai Poly Grand Theatre through an archway in Shanghai, China. (Local Guide Дмитрий Минаев)

Tip 4: Capture monochromatic color

Be a color sleuth! Look for an area of the place with a monochromatic color scheme for a cool effect that make textures, patterns, and other details more noticeable. 

Caption: Photo of red chairs and movie screen at Thision Open Air Cinema in Athens, Greece. (Local Guide Pavlos Giovanis)Caption: Photo of red chairs and movie screen at Thision Open Air Cinema in Athens, Greece. (Local Guide Pavlos Giovanis)

Caption: Photo of Raj Mandir Cinema’s ceiling and lights in Jaipur, India. (Local Guide Abhijit Chirde)Caption: Photo of Raj Mandir Cinema’s ceiling and lights in Jaipur, India. (Local Guide Abhijit Chirde)

Wow! Very cool tips. I love it, Christina. Thanks a million.

Best regards

Badruddeen