Explore_Keshav's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How to report an educational institution asking for reviews to mark its students?

Hello

In one of the most bizarre and saddening incidents today, I saw my law college asking for 5-star google map reviews for its campus in exchange of 'better marks in assignments' 

They literally checked everyone's phone to see what they wrote and even marked it in their attendance list. it broke my heart! 1. Because this was educational institution 2. Because it is not legitimate 

I even made a video of how it looked like , here is the teacher calling names and marking if they have posted reviews or not is listing of this college.

How do we stop it ? It is insane how this college is benefitting from its powers.

Can you help @BorrisS, @Giu_DiB  

@InaS @KlaudiaG 

Lets make this world a happier place to live! Today, tomorrow, everyday!
Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
7 comments
Level 7

Re: How to report an educational institution asking for reviews to mark its students?

Its so sad to know about that how they are misleading new students to get admission to their college. Hope Google Maps take notice of this and do something. At least warning to them by removing 5 star rating given to them in past one week.

Jay Sen
Level 10

Re: How to report an educational institution asking for reviews to mark its students?

Hello, dear @Explore_Keshav ,

Very sad to hear this...

&

Hope the action should be SO LOUD, so that others won't even try to dream such measures...

Divine Education is becoming so DANGEROUS...

So sad...

We are with you..

🙏

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 8

This is really saddening and disgusting at the same time. I hope the Google team is able to teach them a lesson soon. 

Meanwhile, we as local guides can put our reviews on the listing stating these malpractices so that the new students don't fall prey to their gimmicks.

Connect Moderator

Thanks for sharing @Explore_Keshav , this is a serious issue, so thanks for reporting

The right place for reporting a business is the Google My Business community., adding the link to the business and the same documentation that you added here.

GMB is the only one who can act to remove the business for not respecting the Guidelines 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Explore_Keshav,

Thanks for reaching out and yes, this is something that needs to be investigated immediately. I'll reach out to you via email to gather further details and in the meantime, I'd ask you to please remove the video from this post for privacy concerns. Thank you!

Edit: I went ahead and removed the video for you, hope you don't mind.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Thanks I have just reverted to the email

Lets make this world a happier place to live! Today, tomorrow, everyday!
Level 7

Seriously, it’s not good 😢😢

guni