amittiwari's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

How to report a Photographer / Agency posing as Google Streetview ?

There is a Company by name of "Google 360 Street View" - Judging by their quality of photographs and tours they are definitely not from Google.  They are duping a lots of businesses by using this name - their "USP" is we are from google and "others" are just trusted photographers - they have visiting cards and even their map profile name like this.

Where can we report such agencies and give their profile link, and will google do anything about it ?

5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: How to report a Photographer / Agency posing as Google Streetview ?

Hi @amittiwari

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Feel free to report the profile here. I am accepting my comment as a solution so if someone else has similar doubts, can reach the information easily. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Level 9

How to report Companies posing as Google

There is a Company by name of "Google 360 Street View" - Judging by their quality of photographs and tours they are definitely not from Google.  They are duping a lots of businesses by using this name - their "USP" is we are from google and "others" are just trusted photographers - they have visiting cards and even their map profile name like this.

Where can we report such agencies and give their profile link, and will google do anything about it ?

Connect Moderator

Hi @amittiwari

Let me tag @mihal20 for you. He can help you out.

Cheers

Morten 

Connect Moderator

Dear @amittiwari,

thank you for reaching out us, I just want to let you know I've merged your two posts since they are identical, this in order to keep Connect organized.

About your question please note that there is currently no specific channel for such reports and Google will not take any specific measures between merchants and trusted photographers. For more information and about checking if the agency is posting inappropriate contents you can refer to this article page.

Since a Street View moderator is already tagged by @MortenCopenhagen please don't open new posts on the argument as he will reply on this topic.

| | | | - La decisione più coraggiosa che puoi prendere ogni giorno è quella di essere di buon umore 🙂

Connect Moderator

@amittiwari , there are a few violations here. Google do not have agencies and they do not offer this kind of services to the business.

• If they introduce themselves to the businesses as "Google", this is a fraud, and can be reported directly to the Local Police in your area. Depending of the local laws, the can risk to be fined, or the prison. The report have to be done of course by the businesses, providing Documentation of the falsely claimed identity.
  • They are using the name of a famous brand (Google), and this can end on a Legal Action by Google itself, to protect the brand name. Normally a letter from a lawyer is enough for them to disappear.
  • As they are providing services for the businesses, they can be reported also on the Google My Business Help Community 
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @amittiwari

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Feel free to report the profile here. I am accepting my comment as a solution so if someone else has similar doubts, can reach the information easily. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!