Lalit_Khokhar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

How to remove spam Numbers

I found a Axis Bank branch on Maps and dialed the mobile number published.

But the person who picked up the phone was not a bank representative rather a financial fraudster, he tried to get confidential information about my bank account to access it. I didn't fall for this but it could be very harmful for people who are not aware of such scams.

I reported that number as SPAM but Maps didn't approve my edit and it is still showing that wrong contact number. This is a very serious issue. I found just one there could be many such fraud numbers on Banking and financial institutions Places on Map. 

How can we make sure such misleading information is removed immediately from Maps?

2 comments

Accepted Solutions
Google Moderator
Solution

Re: How to remove spam Numbers

Hello @Lalit_Khokhar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

I will send you a private message with instructions on how to report.

Also I would like to recommend you to take a look at these posts How to identify and report fraud on Google MapsWhy is my edit status “Pending” or “Not Applied”? where you can find useful information. 

Have a great week!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Hi @Lalit_Khokhar a Googler will reach out to you shortly. You can report the particular branches either via feedback within the Maps App or here (without mentioning people) and then they can be investigated.

Google Moderator
Solution

Hello @Lalit_Khokhar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

I will send you a private message with instructions on how to report.

Also I would like to recommend you to take a look at these posts How to identify and report fraud on Google MapsWhy is my edit status “Pending” or “Not Applied”? where you can find useful information. 

Have a great week!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!