cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: How to post great videos on Google Maps

How much did it cost @JohnnyE? I am also in search of good phone. 🙂

@_Johnny_ wrote:

@VictorOmebije and @BishowvijayaP my new ordered phone device is coming today so I will be able to do it as well. Since forever I am using iPhone but now I purchased new HTC U11 only for my Local Guide needs and to finally get used on Android. 😁😁😁

Level 10

Same pinch @VictorOmebije

@VictorOmebije wrote:

@BishowvijayaPI haven't but I will shortly

@BishowvijayaP wrote:

Yeah @VictorOmebije. I agree with you.

Have you contributed the video to the map?

@VictorOmebije wrote:

Woaw!!! This is a great improvement on maps. Now we can share our experiences even better. Thank you Google.

Level 9

@OnyedikaBenjaminJ wrote:

@JohnnyE android is fun, but I phone is superb.

@OnyedikaBenjaminJ nothing cannot replace my iPhone but since I never tried Android I will give it a try to see what that OS can do. My main goal is to use it for LG stuff.

Level 9

@BishowvijayaP wrote:

How much did it cost @JohnnyE? I am also in search of good phone. 🙂

@BishowvijayaP it's $769, this one from Amazon is mine.

Connect Moderator

Interesting feature.

I hope I can add videos regularly.

Level 9

@AnnaDickson

I love this feature so much and I can't wait i for IOS feature (Becuse I have many taken short clips during my travels). 

I hope your will respond ASAP when some ones flags any spams or post that it's outside policy. 

Video have to taken when the light is available (illuminating the subject) and without shaking. I believe others will do this because it quantity (to get points what's to ever). 

Level 6

Thanks a lot for guiding us for uploading videos on Google map.

Level 9

That's basically the same questions I'm thinking @Briggs. Unfortunately (just like pictures), it takes time to create high-quality videos and I'm wondering what Google's ideas are for this featur

I can see people editing location info and/or adding pictures (even post processed photos) voluntarily (I do it all the time and never promote myself), but videos take WAY more time/effort to create if you're going to make anything that looks decent.

If our videos can be monetized on Maps just like they are on YouTube then I'm completely fine with no watermarks, websites, YouTube channels, etc. But, without possible revenue I think we should at least be given an opportunity to possibly create revenue through this as long as you're following policy and it's tastefully done.

I'm POSITIVE that we'll start seeing commercials from business because of this feature and Google will get paid to display these, so what about those of us that help fill in Maps as well, ya know?

Connect Moderator

@RussellR wrote:

If our videos can be monetized on Maps just like they are on YouTube then I'm completely fine with no watermarks, websites, YouTube channels, etc. But, without possible revenue I think we should at least be given an opportunity to possibly create revenue through this as long as you're following policy and it's tastefully done.

I don't want to disappoint you, but you're not allowed to make money from being a Local Guide in any way @RussellR 

Regards Paul

Level 10

Nice one @JohnnyE. You really need an Android phone for as a LG. 

@OnyedikaBenjaminJ, even Nokia is now going Android.