Level 7

Re: How to post great videos on Google Maps

Thanks for the useful tips @AnnaDickson 

Jeffrey Richards
Level 6

Level 7

Hi @PaulPavlinovich@AnnaDickson, and @ErmesT. I would like to follow up on this topic, if possible.

I know it took a while, but I didn't quit about this since it's a very direct restriction, apparently.

I tried attending what is required: vertical video with less than 10 seconds. Despite that, it doesn't even show me the videos when I try the upload. Evidence:

Camera feature from Google Maps that allows only to take pictures. Not videos.Camera feature from Google Maps that allows only to take pictures. Not videos.                                     Google Maps section to choose, theorically, between photos and videos, but none of my videos show, only the photos from my phone galery.Google Maps section to choose, theorically, between photos and videos, but none of my videos show, only the photos from my phone galery.

So, I'm trying to figure out where could be the problem: if I'm doing something wrong or if it's restricting iOS phones.

Any help is appreciated. 🙂

For reference, part of the Google Maps Help article that orients how to post photos and videos:

From a place's page in Google Maps

1. On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Maps app 

2. Search for a place or tap it on the map.
  3. At the bottom, tap the place’s name or address to see more info.
  4. Scroll down and tap Add a photo.
  5. Choose what you want to do:
    • Choose a photo or video from your gallery: Select a photo or video.
    • Take a new photo: Tap Camera, then tap the shutter.
Level 6

I must be doing something wrong... How do I capture and post a video on my google reviews? (using Samsung j4+) I tried uploading from my album but none would upload. Is that because of the length/quality? Arrrrghhhhh!! .... (whispering) help?

Level 9

Hi @Sir-Marcus

First, select the POI that video related to it. I believe uploading videos randomly to the map is not supported.

Second,  videos length must be only 30 seconds and less . If you're video exceeds more than 30 seconds will be either be trimmed or not uploaded. The map support short videos.

Third, why to upload the video from your album in Google photos? Since it is already in your device Gallery, just do upload it from the gallery.

This is the only points that I can give you as a Solutions.

Last, the video quality is also important, but adjust the quality ( resolution ) not very high. You have to avoid the big size of the video. And here keep in mind, the Google camera allows you to capture only 10 seconds video length, however your device camera allows you to 30 seconds and less.

Check again and try.

I hope it works with you.

Cheers.

SURROUND YOURSELF WITH THOSE ON THE SAME MISSION AS YOU
Osama Zaina
Level 6

Google should simply allow video to post from phone gallery, no matter its vertical of horizontal. Otherside easily google can restrict to upload video for 15-30 sec. I mean when i choose video from phone gallery then it should provide option to choose which 15-30 sec video portion user would like to post. I am unable to post single video because no option to upload video from phone gallery. Hope to see this feature soon. 

Thanks 

Ravi Sharma

Level 2

Okay, I think is quite easy, I will got to it soon

Level 10

@AnnaDickson can i add custom sound to the Video? Like music or others sound.

Rashedul Alam (Rashed)