MS_Pathan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

How to I turn of my post picture auto rotation?

When i upload a photo of my post then its ok but When it published then its change , Its rotate 😐

How i stop this? Someone help me

Rotated picture screenshotRotated picture screenshot

Ramganj, Lakshmipur, Bangladesh
30 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: How to I turn of my post picture auto rotation?

Hi @MS_Pathan 

This is not a bug. The rotation of the photos is stored on the photo itself, ) landscape or portrait mode). The set of data are stored on what is generally called EXIF, where all the characteristics of the picture are stored.

Unfortunately some phone save the orientation on a different way than is not always correctly interpreted by the websites.

I suggest you to check, and eventually correct, the orientation using Google Photos, or a free app like Snapseed.

As connect don't have a rotation tool, your photo need to be uploaded on the correct way

View solution in original post

Level 6

Hey @MS_Pathan 

There isn't any feature of 'Auto-Rotating' yet on Connect. May be it is a bug. 

Moreover you can set the orientation of picture before uploading on Connect. You can preview the post before uploading and make the desired changes. 

Orientation can be corrected through Google photos or other relevant apps before uploading. 

Wander - Indulge - Eat
with Vinay Krishna
Level 7

I change its orientation brother @VinayKrishna but when its uploaded then its preview is ok but after that its changed. It might be a bug, It should be solved. So annoying 😣

Level 6

@MS_Pathan 

See i changed the orientation of your picture and uploaded the same. I didn't find any issue. 

1BCE5C9C-3614-4813-BF9B-2F0EA0D19976.jpeg

Can you please give it an another try by clearing the cookies and caches ? You can try different browser too. Do let me know further if you still face the same issue. 

Wander - Indulge - Eat
with Vinay Krishna
Level 7

Brother try also this all cookies cleared even cache but don't make it. Its the 2nd picture of this post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @MS_Pathan 

This is not a bug. The rotation of the photos is stored on the photo itself, ) landscape or portrait mode). The set of data are stored on what is generally called EXIF, where all the characteristics of the picture are stored.

Unfortunately some phone save the orientation on a different way than is not always correctly interpreted by the websites.

I suggest you to check, and eventually correct, the orientation using Google Photos, or a free app like Snapseed.

As connect don't have a rotation tool, your photo need to be uploaded on the correct way

Level 6

Please check the orientation in your device and give it another try from a different browser. Try using Desktop mode on Google chrome if you are using a mobile. 

Wander - Indulge - Eat
with Vinay Krishna
Connect Moderator

Hi @MS_Pathan

This is a known problem. And you are certainly not at fault. It is related to what is called exif meta data saved in your files. They are added by your camera. And some cameras are making a mistake or the Connect software is making a mistake. It is certain not very user friendly when the fault stays invisible until after posting.

May I suggest that you share which kind of camera/camera phone you are using. 

And I will tag @sonnyNg for you.

He might be able to update us on the progress of getting this issue fixed. Or maybe he can recommend a usable workaround. 

You could try opening your photo in Snapseed rotate it a full 360 degrees and export it. And then upload the exported copy to see if that will kill the problem. 

Cheers

Connect Moderator

@MS_Pathan 

I confirm what I told you before. I did a quick search and this issue on Xiaomi Poco Phone is well known, and reported in several forum. It seems it is caused by the installation of some other app that have access to the Camera, and change some way to save the metadata.

I am sharing with you the post on XDA forum , but with a quick search you may find a lot of information and suggestions for fixing the issue

Level 7

Many Thanks @ErmesT Now i can. Thanks for your help. My problem solved it was EXIF problem that you said. My Camera metadata problem , now edit it with Google Photos & it solved. You can see the Post