Ldrav1226's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

How can you make your map desktop version, including timeline, on an Android?

I am on here trying to do contributions and I am using the desktop version on my Android. I would like to use, or look at the timeline on my phone w/ desktop version, is that possible?

Lauren Ravita
Biloxi, MS, USA
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: How can you make your map desktop version, including timeline, on an Android?

Hi @Ldrav1226,

Here is a link with additional information for you how to check your timeline on Android.

I hope this will help you, too.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Level 3

How to get your timeline on your maps into desktop version while being on your Android?

1I am on here trying to do contributions and I am using the desktop version on my Android. I would like to use, or look at the timeline on my phone w/ desktop version, is that possible?

Lauren Ravita
Level 10

Re: How can you make your map desktop version, including timeline, on an Android?

@Ldrav1226 In my opinion the best experience on mobile (ie Android or iOS) is via the Maps app. That is usually the most optimized interface for a phone.

However, you can choose to use a web browser for example Chrome or others, and access Google Maps via the browser. In Chrome, by default, Maps through browser should default to mobile view. You can go to menu (3 vertical dots on the upper right), and say "Desktop site". That will give you the browser desktop view for Maps.

Hope this helps.

Connect Moderator

Hi @Ldrav1226 if you're not able to use the Maps App (not everyone can) there is a light version called Maps Go which does include timeline. You can find it on Google Play.

Level 3

Tganks

Lauren Ravita
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @Ldrav1226,

Here is a link with additional information for you how to check your timeline on Android.

I hope this will help you, too.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!