vvbellur's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: How I planned my first solo trip to Norway!

Hi @NadyaPN, I have to say I might have the same travel preferences as you: travel with a companion that's on the same vibe as me. I've never actually travelled alone so I don't really know how it feels, I would like to try one day; is there any destination you could recommend to me? 🙂

Also I want to wish you best of luck on your travel to Thailand, and if you post a recap please tag me so I see the beautiful photos you'll take!

Regards 🙂

NadyaPN ha escrito:

Wow, wow, wow!

Thanks for directing me to this post @vvbellur! It was so detailed that it made me feel your travel thrill!

I personally live to travel. I'm on the road every time I have the chance. I am a very self-sufficient person and for the last 5 years I've travelled alone so many times. (in Europe and USA) Travelling solo gives me the freedom to do whatever/wherever I want to. It's not that I don't like having someone as a travel companion, but it's super important to me that the person I travel with is on the same vibe. (in terms of interests, travel priorities, travel expectations) I usually like to visit some places alone and then meet up with friends at some point.

In exactly one month I'll make my first trip to Asia. I'll be going to Thailand and will travel alone half of the time and then will join some friends for a yoga retreat.

Once again, thanks so much for sharing this with us!

I am tagging some fellow mods to enjoy your post too: @KlaudiyaG@SoniaK@NunungAfuah @GeorgesHR

See you around!

- Nadya

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Former Google Contributor

Hey @ValeriaA_,

Thanks for the nice words! I've travelled solo the most in Europe. Being familiar with European culture, I feel safe and at home everywhere I travel. If you want to visit Europe, I'd definitely recommend you to visit some Western countries first. Countries in Eastern Europe (take Bulgaria, where I live, for instance) might be a bit overwhelming for a first solo trip or first trip in Europe. 😄 Since you're from Argentina, I think you might find the Mediterranean appealing. Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece etc.

I will try to do a recap after my Thailand trip with some tips and photos and will definitely tag you. 🙂

See you!

- Nadya

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

@vvbellur

Great post. Thanks for sharing. It made me travelling to Norway wich is a unknown country for me. That is fantastic!

It is also lot of informations for the others. I am sure it will help them if one day they visit Norway.

You have done a great recap, congratulations!

Level 10

Thanks @NadyaPN for your valuable advice! The only part I know from Europe is the south of England, I travelled with a big group (more than 30 people!) and felt really comfortable there. I'm visiting Spain and Italy in April (not solo) so maybe for my next trip I could visit Greece. I've always wanted to visit Greece! Mostly because of all the culture and history it has. 

Thanks once again, I'm looking forward to seeing your photos from Thailand! 🙂

NadyaPN ha escrito:

Hey @ValeriaAumasque,

Thanks for the nice words! I've travelled solo the most in Europe. Being familiar with European culture, I feel safe and at home everywhere I travel. If you want to visit Europe, I'd definitely recommend you to visit some Western countries first. Countries in Eastern Europe (take Bulgaria, where I live, for instance) might be a bit overwhelming for a first solo trip or first trip in Europe. 😄 Since you're from Argentina, I think you might find the Mediterranean appealing. Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece etc.

I will try to do a recap after my Thailand trip with some tips and photos and will definitely tag you. 🙂

See you!

- Nadya

Level 8

@ValeriaA_ Thank you so much for your comments!  Please do reach out.  In fact, I have a few more places that you can visit if you have the time. Hjørundfjorden, Geiranger, Stigfossen, Loen and Stryn. I hope to go back and visit all these places that I couldn't the first time! 🙂

Level 8
Level 10

Wow @vvbellur all of those places you said look amazing. The water looks so calm... Of course I would love to visit them if I go to Norway! Thank you very much for recommending these locations to me 🙂

vvbellur ha escrito:

@ValeriaAumasque Thank you so much for your comments!  Please do reach out.  In fact, I have a few more places that you can visit if you have the time. Hjørundfjorden, Geiranger, Stigfossen, Loen and Stryn. I hope to go back and visit all these places that I couldn't the first time! 🙂

Connect Moderator

WOWOWOWOWOW!!! This is amazing, @vvbellur! I love this post. And yes, I love traveling alone too. Most of my travels were done alone, be it to Europe, USA or in Asia. But the best solo travel that I did was last year, when I went for trekking to Nepal. I will tell you the story some other time, may be on a different post. I have logged into Connect after a month and I have 92 pending notifications to take care of. I HAD TO read this post, because it's most related to something I could die for. Traveling. Like @NadyaPN, I live to travel too. 

Nadya, glad to know that you are visiting Asia soon. Hope you enjoy your stay there. If you are planning to go for a Yoga retreat, I would say you should go to the place instead where yoga was born, i.e. India. And just to let you know, Bangladesh is not the best place for yoga, but it's the great place to explore the greens. And it's just the next door neighbor for India. 🙂

Thanks for tagging me here, Nadya. For you, I could go through an amazing post and in other way, I almost could see Norway in front of me. Last time I went to Denmark, I planned to go to Sweden and Norway from there. But had to shorten the journey because I was running short of money and my visa was also expiring. I will try my luck next time, when I will be a little rich. May be on a Royal Caribbean cruise. 😄  

Former Google Contributor

@SoniaK,

I'm glad you enjoyed this post. It's one of my favourites. I realise that the most authentic yoga experience would be in India and I'm planning to go there in the near future. I chose Thailand because my best friend and yoga teacher is doing the retreat there and also I feel it's a good idea for a first trip to Asia. I've seen so many great people and activities from Bangladesh here on Connect that I really want to come and enjoy your greenness and positivity! I hope that I will be able to visit next year. 🙂

PS: I hope you go to a Royal Caribbean cruise and share your experience with us.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8