Cccgipson's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Google One Perk

Hi @mattixc,

Indeed, we will contact you on the matter.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 7

I too am getting the error even though I am using my personal Google account.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Can't redeem offer

This account is not eligible to sign up for Google One. Check that you're using your personal Google Account.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @daveydavey.

Thank you for reaching out. I will contact you privately.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 6

Google One Invite Account Ineligible

I received an offer for 3 free months of Google One from local guides and when I clicked the link, I am told that my account is ineligible and to use my personal account (which I am). Any suggestions?

Level 10

Re: Google One Invite Account Ineligible

Level 7

Hello,

I received an email saying I could have 3 months free of Google One for being a Local Guide top contributor.  My Drive account was recently converted to a One account, and I've already paid for the year.  I assumed I would just receive an account credit, but it would not allow me to use the offer.  

I contacted Google One support through the One app and they said it was for new One subscribers only.  The email does not mention this at all, which is very misleading.  

Google One support said there was nothing they could do on their end, but that I should ask Local Guide support for help.  

Thanks,
Kelly
Level 8

I am experiencing the same issue.  

Level 6

@sonnyNg I would love some help with this as well - I have received a couple of invites but it will not let me join or redeem any codes.

Level 5

@Googl LocalG @team_t OK, google it's obvious by now that this is a HUGE issue for your customers and NOT just a few "dumb users" that don't know how to click. Thus far, I've seen almost NO resolution on your part Google. So much for "perks" eh?!

Level 6

100 GB free storage for Google Local Guides

Dear Google Local Guides admin: 

Google Local Guides had promised 100 GB free storage for Local Guides reaching at least Level 6.  This was over a year ago.  I reached that level, but did not receive the additional free Google Drive storage space.  I had reached out for assistance by emailing Google over a year ago, and never received a response.  

I have been very disappointed, and that has affected how often I contribute to Google Maps as a Local Guide, since it actually takes a bit of time and effort to write thoughtful reviews, answer questions, and upload photos.  

In October, I received an email stating that Local Guides get 3 months 'free' of the 100 GB storage.  This Google One subscription came with 'help' so I've been chatting online for about 45 minutes with other Google support staff.  They told me to start a forum post here.  Nothing got resolved. 

Would really appreciate any assistance.  I have so much more that I want to contribute to Google Maps, but I feel like this work is not appreciated, since I couldn't get assistance when I really needed it.  

Thank you in advance.