AdrianLunsong's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Go Loco Podcast - Episode 2

Caption: Banner for post featuring Adrian and VandanaCaption: Banner for post featuring Adrian and Vandana

It feels like it was only a few days ago when we launched Episode 1 of the Go Loco Podcast.. actually, it was!! If you have not read it yet, please have a look at the awesome post that @KimberlyAnnG did and you must have a listen to the podcast too!

Briefly, the Go Loco Podcast is an unofficial podcast by Local Guides for Local Guides and about, you guessed it, Local Guides! The project is my little baby for 2019 and together with @Pedi@vvbellur@KimberlyAnnG and @Shirley, we form the team behind it! It's still very early days and we are learning loads (we are all new to podcasting!) so the podcast will evolve with time as we find our feet! The grand idea is that we will eventually be able to create a platform that any Local Guide can use to host their own episodes! For me, I want to use it to showcase amazing folks out there and the inspiring projects/initiatives that they are leading. For others, they may want to talk about their passions or maybe create a series of "How to's"! What you can do here is only limited by your imagination!

For Episode 2, I have the ever lovely Vandana with me! And fresh from her feature in the fantastic article by @AriMar you will soon be able to hear more from her! I met Vandana at Connect Live 2018 and she's just a fantastic, kind and grounded person and I really wanted to let you all hear it for yourself! You will also get to find out more about her experience at Connect Live, what her application process was like with some tips for listeners to get themselves ready for this year's application, and we will also learn more about India!

Are you excited about this podcast? Because I sure am!! The episode hasn't been recorded yet and we're hoping to do so real soon! In the meantime though I would love to get folks involved and here's how you can help out!

• Listen to Episode 1 and send us your comments and feedback. Did you like it? What was the best bits? What can we improve on? Do you have suggestions on topics for us to cover?
  • For Episode 2, Vandana has asked listeners to let her know how many countries they have visited so far! And if they have any fun/inspiring stories to tell about their travels; something related to Google Maps or Local Guides would be excellent!
  • Also, do you have any questions for Vandana? Maybe you've read the article about her best tips for solo travelers and have a question about something? If you do, feel free to send them in too!
  • Are you working on an exciting meet-up or project that you think would be cool for us to know more about and perhaps help promote it on our podcast? We're all ears!!

As it is a podcast, it would be absolutely amazing if you could record an audio clip of yourself; start with your name, where you are from and then your message/question to us!! You never know, we might play it back on our podcast and respond! Please make sure that you are recording in a quiet environment and speak clearly! And you can record your clip using the Anchor (podcast) app or you can use any other app and then email the clip to us. Our email is listed in the podcast description and also mentioned during the podcast (yeah, go listen!!).

Edit: Just found out that if you're recording the voicemails using the Anchor app, they can only be a minute long!! So if you have a lot to say, feel free to record multiple voicemails!! Or, you can record a single long message using other apps and email the clips to us!

Please send us your audio clips by the end of Wednesday 16th Jan!! And if you have any questions feel free to ask them in the comments below!!

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Manchester, UK
15 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Go Loco Podcast - Episode 2

Hah! I just got a badge for this post which is, apparently, my 50th!! Woohoo!

And just a side note, making the podcast on top of my 9-5 job is tough so my focus won't be on Connect too much! So if you want a quick response, be sure to tag me as I check my emails constantly!

And for the stats nerds, as of this writing, we've got 95 plays of the podcast:

10 Jan - 27 plays

11 Jan - 26 plays

12 Jan - 10 plays

13 Jan - 19 plays

14 Jan - 13 plays

If you like the podcast, please help to share it to as many folks as you can! It's much appreciated! And I'll keep mentioning this, but we're doing this for you all, so please let us know how we can make it better and what you'd want to hear on it!

Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
Level 10

Google Moderator

Hey @AdrianLunsong,

Really great initiative! I am loving the podcast idea and thank you to all! The logo and the name are absolutely awesome! 

Keep doing it 🙂 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Thanks @davidhyno and @Ivi_Ge! Fingers crossed we can maintain this through the year!

Connect Moderator

Just wanted to add as well, that if folks are interested to be a host please PM any one of us to discuss! 🙂

Level 8

@AdrianLunsong yay! Super excited about this episode Adrian! 🙂 
Calling all the wanderlust LGs out there... please tune in! 🙂 

Former Google Contributor

Congratulations once again on the podcast realisation, @AdrianLunsong. How many audio clips did you collect so far? I'm excited to hear the second episode already! ^_^

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

Thanks @Ivi_Ge! You can thank @Pedi for the awesome name and my brother (too busy to be a Local Guide!) for the logo! 🙂 Glad you're enjoying the podcast.

Connect Moderator

Thanks @IrrPavlova

We've got 3 folks responded with comments/questions so far! Not too bad on the first try and enough to keep us going! I am hoping that once folks hear how we're doing the feedback discussions, they will understand what they need to do and how simple it is to do so! 🙂