KimberlyAnnG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: New Year - New Podcast!!!

This is a cool initiative especially when it's filling a vacuum.

Congratulations guys. Looking forward to listening to more podcasts. 

Great job @KimberlyAnnG @

Level 9

@EmekaUlor one of the things we really want to do with this podcast is to highlight and promote the amazing things that Local Guides do!!!!  Bring awareness to projects like yours!  There is something about hearing a person speak about something they are passionate about.  It makes it more personal to the listener and I think it makes them more inclined to support and join in on these projects.

I'd love to get an interview with YOU about you're accessibility initiatives as well as others like @IlankovanT talking about what plans there are for 2019!  And who doesn't want to hear what the reliably funny @PaulPavlinovich might have to say!  He's always up to something interesting!

Anyone else that has something cool planned for 2019, let's get the word OUT!!!!  Anything good you're working on will be better with other Local Guides!  Comment below or DM myself or any of the other 4 hosts.  

Together we can lift each other up!

?Kimberly on Social ? Google Maps  ? Instagram ? Facebook ? Twitter ?️YouTube ?San Francisco Local Guides

Level 10

awesome idea @KimberlyAnnG. Happy new year! 

Level 9

Brilliant idea @KimberlyAnnG  , @ Adrian . Thanks to all LGs who participated.  I am still listening, it's like I am tuning my FM radio and listening my favorite FM talk show! 

Looking forward to hear episode 2. 

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Connect Moderator

Finally gave it a full listen and loved it! Really appreciated the breakdown of everything revolving around the app by @AdrianLunsong. I think you all sound great and have excellent voices and personalities. Seriously a genius idea, you all. Cheers and wishing much success going forward - we're all ears! @Pedi @Shirley @KimberlyAnnG @vvbellur

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Connect Moderator

Thanks @TraciC!!! Sorry for not providing a transcript and making you listen to a very long podcast! Promise to make shorter episodes in future.. and, fingers crossed, provide a transcript too.

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Connect Moderator

@brittym the audio editor that I'm using has some cool filters/functions and one of them was to speed speech up and change the pitch! It was fun altering the recordings of the rest, making them sound like chipmunks! Strangely enough, when I tried it on my own voice, I couldn't detect any difference! Bummer! 😜 Thanks for listening in! And future episodes will, hopefully, be shorter! I'm a natural rambler..

Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
Level 10

I have not done any 'Podcast' so far... May be, your post is a motivator?

Thanks for this value contained post, dear @KimberlyAnnG

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Connect Moderator

I'd love to help out on an episode or two @KimberlyAnnG @AdrianLunsong this is an amazingly awesome idea and I reckon the five core members of this team are a fantastic collection of personalities that together have strength and will to succeed.

Like @Shirley I could talk about moderation on Connect and the cultures we find and foster - maybe bouncing ideas off each other might be fun.

Happy to help with photography and in March I'd love to plug this year's 36 walk of course :).

Fun 2019 here we come!!

Connect Moderator

@PaulPavlinovich When is your 36 photowalk? We have episodes planned for the weeks commencing 4th and 18th March. For the first, we have an idea for it (happy to discuss it privately) and the second slot is currently up for grabs. Hopefully, the second slot is still before your planned photo walk!

For anybody else ( @TravellerG @Linnéa ) if you're interested to host or want to contribute in some other form, let us know! 

And lastly, just found out that if you're leaving voicemails for us using the Anchor app, it can only be 1 minute long! So you can either leave multiple voicemails or you can record one long message using any other app and email it to us!