AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Editor

Friday Favorites: monkeys in Bali, haunted ruins, and more

Every Friday, our Google Moderators round up some of their favorite posts that they came across during the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week, the haunted ruins of Bhangarh Fort, amazing monkeys in Bali, and more.

@GeorgesHR: I consider myself a big francophile, so I always enjoy posts from Local Guides that relate to France. This week, @Julien44 wrote a recap of all the posts that he’s shared on Connect about France in his recent post, LET'S SHARE A BIT OF FRANCE. Beautiful photos, bits of history, and a lovely French chateau this post has is a must read.

Caption: A photo of the Château de Sceaux in France. (Local Guide Julien44)Caption: A photo of the Château de Sceaux in France. (Local Guide Julien44)@BruceDM: I like discovering posts that introduce me to places I never knew existed. @inboxd is creating a series of posts under the theme “Off the Beaten Path” in which he describes different places he visited. His latest post describes a “haunted” ruin in Jaipur, India. The post comes complete with history, directions, and photos of the ruins. Interesting stuff!

@AriMar: I’m not a Google Moderator, but I wanted to join in this week and celebrate the great contributions Local Guides are making on Connect! One post that stood out to me was @AlejandraMaría’s recap of her Worldwide Cafe Walk in Ayamonte, Spain. I loved reading about her “chiringuito” adventure with @HiroyukiTakisawa and @Christine_T from Iwate, Japan. Her photos of coffee and desserts were beautiful and made me want to get a cortado myself! Most importantly, she added helpful information for other Local Guides who are interested in accessibility, recycling, and kid-friendly locations. 

Caption: A photo collage of coffee, desserts, and ice cream. (Local Guide @AlejandraMaría)Caption: A photo collage of coffee, desserts, and ice cream. (Local Guide @AlejandraMaría)@KlaudiyaG: For me, the key to a great post is beautiful images that accommodate the story the author is sharing. @Michaelthebuzz’s post “Monkey and Human” is the perfect example of how it’s done. The idea was triggered by a very interesting theory that I personally find fascinating. I don’t want to give too much away, but if you enjoy seeing cool animal photos and reading a captivating story, I highly recommend his post. You won’t regret it! 🙂

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

24 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Friday Favorites: monkeys in Bali, haunted ruins, and more

Thank you @AriMar.

Now every Friday has several highlights!

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 8

Bls: Friday Favorites: monkeys in Bali, haunted ruins, and more

Bali is part of Indonesia. You must write "Bali, Indonesia" like you write "Iwate, Japan"

Thanks @AriMar

Level 9

Thanks for sharing @AriMar

I think @Julien44 photo is awesome 

Connect Moderator

Some pretty amazing content, here! Thanks to you all for sharing your favorites - really encouraging in terms of exploring the other areas of LGC and sharing more of our daily explorations. 

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Connect Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot @AriMar for nice stories. and Congratulations!! @Christine_T and @HiroyukiTakisawa.

Please excuse my reply in Japanese from now.

クリスさん、Takisawaさん、おめでとうございます。 AriMarさんにfavoられて、きっと天にも昇るお気持ちだと思います。当方もコネクトにおける年前半の活動を見直して、いつの日かお二人のように昇天できるような記事を書いてみたいと願っております。

Regards,

Toyo

Level 10

I liked the way local guides are featured in the post. This works as mtivation for us. Thank you so much for your great posts dear fellows.

Also thanks a lot @AriMar for letting us some best among the best posts.

Connect Moderator

Thank you for sharing this nice post with us @AriMar

Actually @AlejandraMaria s photos and the recap are awesome. That is very helpful for a lot of people and beautiful! We'll definitely go there for meeting them:-)

@Anonymous. さん

とても励みになります!いつもありがとうございます。

Level 8

so nice....

MaxMaz08