sonnyNg's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Friday Favorites: Christmas on ‘The Boulevard,’ Rekawa beach, and more

Every Friday, Google Moderators highlight the best posts they found during the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week, a Christmas on ‘The Boulevard,’ Rekawa beach, and more.

Caption: A photo of shining colorful decorations on The Boulevard street in Melbourne, Australia. (Local Guide @MariaNgo)Caption: A photo of shining colorful decorations on The Boulevard street in Melbourne, Australia. (Local Guide @MariaNgo)

@TsekoV: As this week is all about festivities, a #ChristmasInMyCity worldwide challenge caught my attention. The Christmas in 'The Boulevard' - Melbourne post written by @MariaNgo introduced in an interesting way to show how local people prepare and decorate their houses for Christmas. The street that should not be missed there is The Boulevard. If you are curious to learn more, check out this post.

Caption: A low angle view of the beach, next to a folding chair and umbrella in Rekawa, Sri Lanka. (Local Guide @CharithaJB)Caption: A low angle view of the beach, next to a folding chair and umbrella in Rekawa, Sri Lanka. (Local Guide @CharithaJB)

@sonnyNg: In the last days of the year, it is interesting to see what is happening around the world. My ideal destination is Sri Lanka. I loved seeing stunning photos and important information on the wildlife in the post, Rekawa beach and the lagoon Sri Lanka by @CharithaJB. Perhaps it could be a great idea for a warmer place to celebrate Christmas or the New Year?

Caption: Light decorations on the footbridge of Banqiao Bus Station with colorful lights hanging from the loft in a dark corridor. (Local Guide @ChanneLing)Caption: Light decorations on the footbridge of Banqiao Bus Station with colorful lights hanging from the loft in a dark corridor. (Local Guide @ChanneLing)

@MoniV: Let’s keep the Christmas mood going with the amazing post, Let's Get Xmas Vibe Started in Taipei, Taiwan by @ChanneLing. In this great post we can see incredible photos from Taiwan and an explanation of how people celebrate Christmas there. I enjoyed it a lot and would suggest everyone to take a moment and read it.

Caption: A collage of several photos showing Connect Live souvenirs and sweets that Local Guide @Kashifmisidia has received. (Local Guide @Kashifmisidia)Caption: A collage of several photos showing Connect Live souvenirs and sweets that Local Guide @KashifMisidia has received. (Local Guide @KashifMisidia)

@RadieN: With 2019 coming to an end, Local Guide @Kashifmisidia decided to tell us about Connect Live 2019 from his point of view in his post My Connect Live 2019 In Pakistan. Even though he couldn’t attend the event in San Jose due to visa issues, he was really excited to be chosen as one of the most outstanding Local Guides of the year. In this post he also expresses his gratitude to all the Connect Live attendees who greeted him and sent him some great gifts from their own countries. Don’t forget to check out this story about friendship that no border can stop.

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
23 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Friday Favorites: Christmas on ‘The Boulevard,’ Rekawa beach, and more

Thank you @RadieN  & @sonnyNg for choosing my post as Friday favourites.

Yes it was a true story of my feelings, and I m really thankful to all my LG friends and fellow local guides you didn't forget me even I was not there. 

Thank you Local guides program to gifted me alot of sincere friends.

Shukriya 🙏 

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 10

@sonnyNg Another is passing again. Happy to see all the wonderful contributions by friends all the around the world. Thanks for sharing.

Level 10

@sonnyNg Oh. Lots of story here. Thank you so much for your wonderful post sharing with us.

20191220_154328~3.jpg

Best Regards

Mohammed Omar Faruque
Connect Moderator

@sonnyNg 

I'm on fully of deadline at office see your post make me thinking ,, oh please someone kidnapped me to there,place with full colour . it's ok for only one hours my rest break for dinner .

Level 9

Thanks @sonnyNg 

Wonderful post, specially that Rekawa at the beach. 

Did watch the Club World Cup in Qatar ? 

Respectfully Sir.

SURROUND YOURSELF WITH THOSE ON THE SAME MISSION AS YOU
Osama Zaina

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for the feedback! : ]

It is great to hear the inspiring story behind the experiences, @KashifMisidia!

It is indeed really fast, I did not even notice that it is the end of the decade as well, @StephenAbraham!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!

Hi @Nyainurjanah@OSAMA_,

Thanks for sharing your impression on the interesting posts! : ]

I would indeed have the same dream as yours, even for a little while, Nyainurjanah!

The Final of the Club World Club was quite outstanding, Osama_1, as a neutral fan I am really pleased to see the games finishing in such conclusion!

Thank you!
Level 8

Really wonderful selection of posts @sonnyNg in Friday favourites!

Congratulations to @MariaNgo  @CharithaJB  @ChanneLing  and @Kashifmisidia  for your wonderful posts.

Greetings from India!

Vijay Paradkar
India
Level 9

Thank you for sharing Friday favorites @sonnyNg 

Christmas Tree at CaliforniaChristmas Tree at California