kiam001's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Freckwinkel has a Wrong place (pin) in Google Maps and no edit rights while it is a place

Link is

https://www.google.de/maps/place/Freckwinkel,+53639+K%C3%B6nigswinter/@50.7300263,7.2468547,15.5z/da...

On Wikipedia and Openstreet maps is the ort correct pinned

kiam001_0-1582719549795.png

Freckwinkel, Königswinter, Deutschland
19 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 6
Solution

Betreff: Freckwinkel has a Wrong place (pin) in Google Maps and no edit rights while it is a place

Level 6

Betreff: Freckwinkel has a Wrong place (pin) in Google Maps and no edit rights while it is a place

In Kopie zu @geoosm 

Level 4

Re: Freckwinkel has a Wrong place (pin) in Google Maps and no edit rights while it is a place

yes

Connect Moderator

Re: Freckwinkel has a Wrong place (pin) in Google Maps and no edit rights while it is a place

can you please explain @kiam001 

this is what I see when ai click on your link

Frenk.JPG

This said, towns, roads and squares are elements of the Map Layer. Local Guides cannot edit that layer. Only Google Maps team can.

What we can do, for helping the team, is to report an error on Google Maps, through the "send a feedback" that you will find scrolling down your menu on Google Maps.

For more details you can read: Report an error on the map

Level 6

The place called Freckwinkel is placed at the wrong location in Maps. On OpenStreetMaps its at the right location. Also the wikipedia article for Freckwinkel contains the correct Coordinates (50°44'02.6"N 7°15'30.6"E).

Level 6

unfortunately I can't medicate the location as an error either. Since it is not selectable. I can only send feedback to Google maps application at this point.

Connect Moderator

Ok, I see your point now.

Do you mean that the pin is located somewhere near Bockeroth, while the correct position is the one on the screenshot here below?

Frenk1.JPG

I am tagging @sonnyNg to check the issue.

Thank you

Connect Moderator

Hi @kiam001 

Thanks for accepting my reply as a solution, but.. please note that I have unaccepted the "solution" given by you, because my reply is not the solution of the problem. Please read: How do I mark comments as solutions?

Former Google Contributor

Hi @kiam001,

Thanks for reaching out to the community! : ]

As @ErmesT kindly mentioned, would you mind confirming to the reply?

For the moment, I just wanted to let you know that the current post would be relocated to How-tos, as it may be more related to the subject.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 6

Hello the problem is that the location is wrong but no way to report it as a wrong location.
I can only report objects that I can edit and streets thats not can edit, but no places