JeslynL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Known Issue: Missing photos and points

spreadsheet grab 8-30-17.jpeg

Thanks @Maik_Harau - I use a spreadsheet for daily tracking of data as well. Over the past week, I've seen only a view increase of about 50,000 views total for the entire week, which is inaccurate. 17,516,570 on Aug 22 to 17,568,293 on Aug 30. Prior to this problem, I was tracking in the range of about 150,000 views per day. On one day over the past week, the view count actually decreased by about 20,000 (didn't include that on the spreadsheet).

I'm hoping the problem is resolved soon. I feel less motivated to take more pictures at this point.

@Maik_Harau

Level 6

Points disappearing

Hi, I am keep loosing my points. Anyone knows why I am loosing my points? Posted pictures were taken by me.

Thanks

Anton

Level 8

My points and photoes are back, but the photoes that are in my contribution page are not in the page of the point of interest

Connect Moderator

Re: Points disappearing

Hi @admGlobetrotter

It is a known issue, already probably solved. 

I'm moving your post to the Topic created for this problem, so you can see the update and give a feedback inside the topic. 

Ermes 

Level 9

Same here, FrancM.

Level 6

@ErmesT

Thank you for the fast reply. Was this fixed very recently? I lost my points yesterday and today.
Before this post my points was 2281 and now 2350 but I made long review about a hotel. So I don't know if is it fixed or points I received for the review.

Thank you

Anton

Connect Moderator

Please check your photos and points, and let us know. It has been fixed today @admGlobetrotter

Personally I've got all my points back 

Ermes 

Level 8

YES everything is back in order.  My points and photos are back :-)) Thanks!

Level 7

These numbers lead us to the conclusion that at this time it is not worth contributing new data to Google Maps, because it is not clear if what we are doing is helping other people. If it's to go out on the field, take photos, evaluate locations, upload images to anything, then I'd rather not do anything for a while. The truth is that this problem has been dragging since they finished with Panoramio service.

Level 10

Having thought the issue was resolved Google.  I discovered that my views are locked again at 6,444,83 (as at 22:05 Wednesday 30th August 2017) and whilst my Photographs show 5,134 (an increase of 19 photographs on this mornings figures), my points have reduced by 40 points to 24,304.

Could you please give me an update of the current situation.

L&s

Paul