NahidHossain's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Exploring extremely remote village

This week I had experience visiting an extremely remote village. It was a must-go invitation from one of my aunts, who were so excited to host me that I couldn't avoid it. There's a lot to love about village life – the close-knit community, the feeling of being surrounded by nature.

Some random snaps from the village areaSome random snaps from the village area

I had no idea about that place and the route to reach there. I was threatened several times about the roads, but I wasn't sure how bad it could be, so I decided to take my bike with me as I am very comfortable with it on any journey.

Motorbikes are a great way to explore remote locations. They are also better for getting around on rough terrain. This is great for getting around on trails and off-road. But unfortunately, the off-road wasn't as charming as it shows in videos. Slippy roads with thick mud were very dangerous to maintain the motorcycle's balance. Rain added up an extra hassle.

One of the 360 photo I took with my Huawei Envizion CV60One of the 360 photo I took with my Huawei Envizion CV60

The remote villages are not without their charm. It is a place full of life. The rain in the remote village was still falling, but the villagers were still on their way to the market. Many people in the village are happy to chat with visitors; I found some anonymous friends from the mosque. One of the best things about village life is the close-knit community. Everyone knows each other and looks out for one another.

The tea stall is also where visitors can relax and enjoy a hot cup of tea; this is also a focal point for the village. It is where people can sit down to share a story, talk about their day, or just enjoy the company of others.

Village tea stallVillage tea stall

I found a unique tea stall full of young people gaming mostly with smartphones. Later I discovered that this shop owner revolutionized his small business by providing free internet access to the young people, and he makes good sales from the daily gathering.

I got introduced to some of my cousin’s friends and asked what else they do besides gaming with free internet access. Most of them were just Facebooking, chatting, and spending time watching funny videos. I spoke to them about google Maps and showed them how they could contribute to their village by populating google maps. More of their friends joined me there and were interested in these volunteering ideas with their phones.

I tried to talk about how volunteering helped me to learn new skills, make new friends, and feel good about myself. It can also help people get a job or get a better one.

A Non-Government Primary School made with clay and tin shadesA Non-Government Primary School made with clay and tin shades

The google maps on this area weren't very populated. I have tried to input some of the focused places like shops, school, Mosque, Bridges with the help of my cousins.

These tours can be a great way to learn about the people who have lived in the village for generations. For many people, village life is the perfect way to escape the rat race and enjoy a more relaxed life. It was a different kind of experience for me.

Rajshahi, Bangladesh
11 comments
Level 8

Re: Exploring extremely remote village

Hello @NahidHossain 

The traditional culture of Bengal is unique. Through your aesthetic presentation, they will stand witness to history over time. Your photography is amazing, all the best. brother

Level 8

কি অনিন্দ্য সুন্দর ❤️ 

এমন রিমোট গ্রামে যেতে মন চায়। 

Connect Moderator

Hello @NahidHossain 

A very good post and nice area to carry out local guides activities. I believe you might be the first local guide to add different things in this village.  Well-done bro

I love village life as well always enjoy the serenity and nature there. The atmosphere in most remote villages are same. Clean air,fresh breath,communal life togetherness etc. I can imagine!!! Good you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for this post.

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder |Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 7

Bls: Exploring extremely remote village

Terimakasih untuk ini semua 

Saya juga akan menelusuri

Level 8

Betreff: Exploring extremely remote village

Das ist ein wirklich bemerkenswerter Bericht von dir @NahidHossain

Wann immer es mir möglich ist, verfolge ich im TV oder Youtube die Erfahrungen die Motorradfahrer weltweit machen. Offroad finde ich dabei am spannendsten, sicherlich, weil dies eine Erfahrung ist, die ich selber nie machen werde.

Hier in Deutschland sind alle Straßen ausgebaut, Nebenstrecken zumindest geschottert.

Du musst ein excellenter Fahrer sein wenn du diese abgelegenen Dörfer mit dem Motorrad aufsuchst!!! 

Die Landschaft ist wundervoll, so beeindruckend grün.

Auch was du über das Dorfleben erzählst kann ich mir sehr gut vorstellen. Ruhig und beschaulich, jeder kennt jeden. Die von dir beschriebene Hilfsbereitschaft finde ich sehr gut. 

Dein Einsatz den jungen Menschen die Arbeit mit Google Maps zu zeigen finde ich jedoch an großartigsten. Sie zu motivieren an den Dingen teilzuhaben, auch was du über die Vernetzung erklärst und die Möglichkeiten einen Job zu finden.

Vielen Dank, dass wir mit dir in diese Welt eintauchen konnten! 

Über mich | Liebe Grüße aus Lage, der kleinen Zuckerstadt im schönen Lipperland, gelegen im Westen von Deutschland

Level 9

Betreff: Exploring extremely remote village

Thank you @Stephanie_OWL 

Vielen Dank für die netten Worte – sie bedeuten wirklich viel!

Ich habe meinem Cousin gezeigt, was Sie über unsere Erfahrungen aus Deutschland geschrieben haben. Er ist so aufgeregt. 😊

Level 9

Thank you @SholaIB 

There are about 2-3 places marked on the maps from this village. We have found those are the contribution from visitors like me.

As you know I grew up in village also and in my earlier days I had no access to electricity, mobile networks and roads. I have made myself open to the world through Internet and specially through volunteering. So I know how volunteering helps and I always try to inspire young people to involve in volunteer works.

Level 8

Amazing post about the villages @NahidHossain . You are right the village people are close knit and they are very caring too. Glad you had a wonderful experience in your aunt's village. All the photos are really beautiful especially the 360 one. Nicely taken. Thanks for sharing.

Keep Guiding!

Anitha Muthu
Level 5

Really great writing.