Francisco-RS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Explanation of Benefits

Hello I will ask some things, I think many people have those questions. 

Level 1.

• Participate in workshops and hangouts organized by Google.

How we know about this events?

Level 3

• Moderate Local Guides Community Channels

The benefit is Report inappropriate content?

• Receive invitations to events organized by Google

We receive the invitations by email?

Level 4

• Appears prominently on Local Guides online channels

How we can appear prominently on Channels? or specifically what we need to do

Level 5

• Take advantage of the Trusted Testing program opportunities: Access to Google products and features before they are released

You have trustet testing programs? if yes where we can see those programs? or how we will know about it. At the momment we see the Local Guide Video official, but really, really its not for lvls 5.

I saw some videos of levels 3, and some videos of Famous People who arent on the program.

Thanks in advanced

Ciudad de México, México
4 comments
Level 9

Re: Explanation of Benefits

last one you forgot @Francisco-RS that is Eligible to join Summit..

Well my dear full support to you. 

I'm with you. 

@Francisco-RS wrote:

Level 1.

How we know about this events?

Level 3

The benefit is Report inappropriate content?

We receive the invitations by email?

Level 4

How we can appear prominently on Channels? or specifically what we need to do

Level 5

• Take advantage of the Trusted Testing program opportunities: Access to Google products and features before they are released

You have trustet testing programs? if yes where we can see those programs? or how we will know about it. At the momment we see the Local Guide Video official, but really, really its not for lvls 5.

I saw some videos of levels 3, and some videos of Famous People who arent on the program.

Thanks in advanced

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

Yes but all selected was a lvl 5, so there is no question about that point.

But the rest there are many think that we dont know.

I think that these points must be explained, so they are solved or they would give us information to solve the doubts that arise in all the different boards.

I will tag some mods maybe they know the answers.

@IvanY@SampsonF@FaridM@CsabaP@GreggG@ermest @TraciC 

I WANT ADD SOMETHING,  This explanation is not for generating some sort of discussion is to be clearer, when a new person asks what benefits you get being part of the local guides program, we connect members can't give a correct explanation.

Connect Moderator

Hi @Francisco-RS. I'll give it a shot. Answers in blue 🙂

@Francisco-RS wrote:

Level 1.

How we know about this events? This will be dependent on your area. When workshops are happening around your area, you will be notified by email. Some will allow Local Guides all levels to join. Some will allow level 4 or 5 only, etc. Just make sure you have your location correct on your Local Guides profile and keep an eye on your inbox.

Level 3

The benefit is Report inappropriate content? In order to get support for your community, you need to be at least level 3 and above. More details can be found here.

We receive the invitations by email? If there's an event happening around where you live, yes, you will receive an invite by email. Again, this is dependent on where you live.

Level 4

How we can appear prominently on Channels? or specifically what we need to do From time to time your contributions can be featured on Local Guides online channels such as Twitter, Google+ or Youtube. If you look at their online presence, you'll see what I mean. Once in a while you'll be contacted when they try to do something cool, like Local Guides Swap

Level 5

I saw some videos of levels 3, and some videos of Famous People who arent on the program. When there's an opportunity and you're eligible, you will be contacted. Eligibility can be based on several different factors, including where you live. Usually you'll be sent an email with a form to be filled out. Based on your answers, they will determine whether you're suitable for the opportunity. From the past, it will be in the form of a beta testing of a new app, or an early access to a feature for an existing product. All are in the form of software/app, and NOT hardware. There's no exact timeline for this, and opportunity will be offered when something comes up, so just keep an eye on your inbox 🙂

Thanks in advanced

Level 8

iyudhi ha escrito:

Hi @Francisco-RS. I'll give it a shot. Answers in blue 🙂

@Francisco-RS wrote:

Level 1.

How we know about this events? This will be dependent on your area. When workshops are happening around your area, you will be notified by email. Some will allow Local Guides all levels to join. Some will allow level 4 or 5 only, etc. Just make sure you have your location correct on your Local Guides profile and keep an eye on your inbox.

@Francisco-RS : Never see something like that, and I dont know if some Local guide hear about that because no one say on the Different threads

Level 3

The benefit is Report inappropriate content? In order to get support for your community, you need to be at least level 3 and above. More details can be found here.

@Francisco-RS : I meet the requirements 1 month ago fill my form and I dont have answer of approved or rejected, this action broke the enthusiasm of the members who decided to do a whats app group

We receive the invitations by email? If there's an event happening around where you live, yes, you will receive an invite by email. Again, this is dependent on where you live.

@Francisco-RS: I live in the biggest city of México there is an office of Google and they have forgotten us

Level 4

How we can appear prominently on Channels? or specifically what we need to do From time to time your contributions can be featured on Local Guides online channels such as Twitter, Google+ or Youtube. If you look at their online presence, you'll see what I mean. Once in a while you'll be contacted when they try to do something cool, like Local Guides Swap

Again nothing from México

Level 5

I saw some videos of levels 3, and some videos of Famous People who arent on the program. When there's an opportunity and you're eligible, you will be contacted. Eligibility can be based on several different factors, including where you live. Usually you'll be sent an email with a form to be filled out. Based on your answers, they will determine whether you're suitable for the opportunity. From the past, it will be in the form of a beta testing of a new app, or an early access to a feature for an existing product. All are in the form of software/app, and NOT hardware. There's no exact timeline for this, and opportunity will be offered when something comes up, so just keep an eye on your inbox 🙂

In this I can explain better this and point 4 "in the past it was a Form to participe in being a Video - Review official" , I saw 5 videos from Mexico. Noone of this was on

Local Guides Connect

The form say you must be at least lvl 4. "I saw videos with I'm a LOCAL GUIDE LVL 3" (again dont meet the requirements), I saw Videos of FAMOUS PEOPLE talking about the LOCAL GUIDE PROGRAM and saying I'm a Local Guide (Again dont meet the requirements) of their program.

So Why block the opportunity to their TRUE LOCAL GUIDES? 

Thanks in advanced

I saw this on México team, maybe they dont need common People on Local Guides program, maybe they need to use those people to improve their community.