JafferA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Evaluate Your Activity as a Local Guide !

Hi to everyone!

I have been working a while ago on a spreadsheet that can help every local guide (of any level) to evaluate his activity. Because I started using this spreadsheet months ago, I have been able to amend it and optimize it many times 🙂

Well.. Let's not wait too much!

What do I need to do?

To make it as easy as possible, I made it available on a Google Spreadsheet through this link. The way to fill it is simply going back to your Gmail inbox and searching for all emails received from Local Guides Email (noreply-local-guides [at] google.com). And here are the basic three pieces of information you need to take from the email message to your spreadsheet:

1. Email date (you can change the date format on the spreadsheet to fit your preference);
  2. Total Views;
  3. Total photos.

Sample email:

Local Guides Email.png

Just inject these three figures into the spreadsheet in the three Orange columns (delete the sample numbers, they are only for illustration), and the rest of statistics will automatically be calculated by the formulas already added. Accordingly, each email you have received will be one row. Just to note that you should start from bottom and start filling to the top.

The spreadsheet with illustrative figures:

Review File.png

Finally, from the data that represented my personal activity through local guides program, I was able to see my performance. Therefore, evaluate whether my photos were useful for Google Maps users or not, and whether my current performance is better or worse than before.

I hope everyone uses the spreadsheet and tells us about his findings 🙂

P.S: for anyone that is not familiar with Google Spreadsheets, you can download the Excel version here.

36 comments
Level 10

Re: Evaluate Your Activity as a Local Guide !

Thanks! Useful!

I made one, but is totally manual!! 🙂

I will try yours to update mine!

Thanks for sharing!

Oh no... i used to think that you manage how to grab out the numbers from the mail automatically!!!

Level 9

Hey @LucioV, thanks for the absolutely quick response!

Yes it is manual, but also very effective. I can assure you that because I only open it once a week when I receive the email from Local Guides, and It takes less than a minute to copy and paste the three figures 🙂

I really hope they look after this point and develop the numbers in a report somewhere 🙂

Level 9

Level 10

hanks @JafferA for putting so much efforts.

@LucioV

Level 10

@JafferA This will help a lot. 

Level 9

Level 9

I am hopeful it will @AnuradhaP,

BTW, the thanks for the signature tutorial, my below signature is done after seeing your post 🙂

Level 10

@JafferA Nice to hear my tutorial helped you.

Level 10

@LucioV what is the main use of this spreadsheet. If it is really useful, it must be past of google Maps. What do you think about it.

@JafferA

@AnuradhaP

@LucioV wrote:

Thanks! Useful!

I made one, but is totally manual!! 🙂

I will try yours to update mine!

Thanks for sharing!

Oh no... i used to think that you manage how to grab out the numbers from the mail automatically!!!