TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Where is 1TB by Google Drive?

Google promised 1 TB extra on Drive IF I have Level 4(200-499 points).

Well, I have 1215 points.

Where is my space then?

https://maps.googleblog.com/2015/11/get-your-favorite-places-on-map-with_13.html

The site is still up, so the promotion can't be over.

Level 8

Re: Where is 1TB by Google Drive?

Hello @Zyber76,

Google ended that perk in 2017 march. Fellow local guides who reached level 4 before that time received 1 TB of free storage. That perk is no longer available.

Don't worry, because they give other perks too as the time passes on.

Make sure you're signed up for receiving notifications and updates about perks on this page.

ThankYou,

Regards,

JUSTIN ALEX

South India

Level 5

Thanx, JustinAlex.

Ok... it may be over, but why the page about that promotion is still up?

Level 8

@Zyber76 Ok, I agreed that.

We can do one thing, I shall tag a connect moderator, let's hear from them.

@ErmesT Please look in to this matter. 

Thankyou

JUSTIN ALEX

South India

Connect Moderator

Thank you for tagging me @JustinAlex

Can you provide the link to the page that you are mentioning @Zyber76

Google is making some adjustments in Connect, and maybe some old page is coming up.

Here is the second announcement for the end of the promotion

In any case, don't worry about storage. With the correct settings, you can store photo and video for free (unlimited) in Google Photos

Waiting for your feedback

Ermes

Connect Moderator

Sorry, @Zyber76, just got the link in your original post. I have just left a comment in there. I will escalate this subject

Ermes

Level 8

Great @ErmesT

ThankYou for your valuable assistance...

Regards,

JUSTIN ALEX

South India

Level 5

When I click "second announcement", I get error page that says I don't be enough privileges.

Former Google Contributor

Hello @Zyber76 - I merged your post about the 1 TB of drive space into a master thread in which many people have discussed this same question. 

That blog post you shared is a very old one from the time of the promo launch but we have since posted about the end of the promotion here on Local Guides Connect. The drive space promotion expired in March of 2017.

Please refer to the post shared by ermest on how best to maintain your drive space and maintain unlimited storage.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 7

2 year - 1 TB Google local guide promo ending - any way to extend it?

Hi,

I received 1 TB free space in my google drive 2 years back by virtue of being a local contributor and having a certain number of points.

Now the promotion is ending today. Though I am barely using that 37 GB out of that 1 TB space, it's still more than the free space my google account has (17 GB).

Is there any way to extend the promo for a few days till I free up space in my account?

Thanks!