TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: How to get 100GB free space in google drive

Hello @kapilddit, I am afraid that information is outdated  At some point this was the case, but that's a while ago 

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 10

Level 9

Hi @kapilddit:

As you have been informed, the promotion ended over a year ago.

I'll be moving your thread over to the original post regarding this discussion.

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 6

About Rewards

Rewards

Hi guys 

May I know whether I can redeem any rewards such as we had in in '2017 of getting more free storage'... 

Former Google Contributor

Re: About Rewards

Hi @Joel777,

I would like to inform you that this perk is no longer available and it can't be redeemed. To maximize your chances of being eligible for a future perk opportunity, continue to add high quality contributions to Google Maps.

If you have a suggested partner, or a perk you would like to see offered in your area, we welcome your feedback in here.

Thanks.

P.S.: I moved your post to a more suitable thread.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

Expiring benefits?

Hi!

A couple of years ago, I had made enough contributions to qualify for 1 Terabyte of online storage with Google Drive.  I've maintained a similar level of reviews, ratings, adding photos, answering questions, etc., ever since. I've just received an email saying my storage is about to expire:

"The bonus storage offer that’s about to expire is:
Unknown promotion – 1.0T"

I was never made aware that this was a limited offer or would expire. What's the point of offering temporary storage? Just to get more people using it, then start charging when they do?  Can this unannounced change be rolled back, please?

Connect Moderator

Re: Expiring benefits?

Hi @AntonS the original email you used to activate this perk explained that it was a limited time offer. The drive storage program ended a long time ago. I will merge this post to the announcement.

The main reward is helping other people with your reviews, edits and photos in the same way that you are helped by the same from other people. Being a Local Guide is an altruistic undertaking. Of course it strengthens the data held by Google and makes Maps a better product but that is still an advantage for the people who use the product.

When the program was smaller there were different perks to those that have been available lately. The growth of Local Guides has been meteoric going from a few hundred in the beginning to over 50 million active LG today. As you can imagine that number of people changes how perks can be managed because a welcome token like a T Shirt that perhaps costs $20 becomes a massive cost and undertaking when multiplied out by so many people. This means the perks have moved onto things that are electronic in nature (e.g. Google Play streaming Music was recently available) and are done with partners who offer things for LG's such as travel discounts which have also recently been offered.

Make sure that in your Local Guides notifications that you have emails turned on visit https://maps.google.com/localguides/home/settings and tick the "Perks box"

perks.PNG

Regards Paul

Level 7

Re: Expiring benefits?

Thanks, Paul.

Disappointing, but I guess it makes sense.

Level 5

About my level 5 benefits...

Hey, guides! A friend of mine spotted that I'm a level 5 guide (I had no idea about the guides system) and he told me that I'll be getting a couple benefits like upgraded Drive storage, etc.

It's been a while now and I've gone through quite a few forums but I haven't received perks of any kind. 

Can someone in power look into this? I'd sure love a nice upgrade to my Drive storage if that's a thing. I bet you guys have seen loads of these threads, but do help me out here, yeah?

Former Google Contributor

Re: About my level 5 benefits...

Hi @AdityaKannan,

Welcome to Connect and nice to meet you.

I just wanted to let you know that your question has been answered in this topic here and I moved your post to there.

Additionally, since you're new to the community, you might want to share a bit about yourself and get to know others in our monthly Introduce Yourself topic. You can also read these Tips: Using Local Guides Connect.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!