Albry's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Introduce Yourself —July 2018

Hi everyone! Welcome to Local Guides Connect. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to our community.

As “Introduce Yourself” threads can be lengthy, we start a new one each month and lock past threads. You can check past threads to see who recently joined and where they’re from (simply search for "Introduce Yourself"). If you're new, please use this thread to post your “I'm new” or “Hello world” posts. We’ll merge any posts we find elsewhere with this thread to keep things organized.

To start, let me introduce myself:

1. Name: Albry Smither
  2. Location: New York City (posting this from Tokyo, where I’m doing a 4-week work rotation)
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: The community’s passion for helping others by mapping their world
  4. My favorite [place / thing / cuisine / other] to explore: I suffer from wanderlust. I love exploring new places. Right now, when not working from our Tokyo office, I’m out exploring with my family. My daughters have us exploring every different version of gyozo we can find.
  5. Fun fact about me: Once upon a time, I was in a competitive dance troupe.Walking through 10,000 gates at the Fushimi Inari ShrineWalking through 10,000 gates at the Fushimi Inari Shrine
1,488 comments
Level 7

Who am i?

Hi,

I am Kirti Acharya, from Bangalore, India. However, I was born and brought up in Kolkata, where I was staying till 2010.

I speak English and 3 other Indian languages, namely, Hindi, Bengali and Gujarati (mother tongue).

I am 62 years old.

By education, I am an engineer having completed my B.Tech (Hons) in Metallurgical Engineering and M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering, both from IIT Kharagpur, same place as Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google, but long before him!!! In fact, I completed my B.Tech in 1976.

By profession, I am an independent consultant in Solar Energy, more specifically, Solar Roof Top Plants and Solar MW plants.

I have been fond of using various application software and apps. Google Maps is one of my favourite apps.

I started using Google Maps extensively, when I shifted to Bangalore in 2010. Not only, I was new to Bangalore but the local language was also new. Had it not been for google maps, it would have been really difficult to move around in Bangalore, for me.

I was amazed by the detailing, depth and accuracy of Google Maps. The degree of amazement went really high, when I came to know that Google Maps in Bangalore were prepared literally by crowd-sourcing - pulling data from cars on roads, google local guides and map makers. 

That is why, I joined the Google Guides and started posting photographs and reviews. It is my way of giving back to Google Guide Community as well as to society at large. 

Help others to help yourself.! That is why, I keep posting about places of day to day interest and utility, like banks, hospitals, post offices, shops, temples, and of course

tourist places.

--- Kirti Acharya

.30th April 201830th April 2018KA_4.jpg

Level 5

Introduce myself

Hello,

I am Chick Keng Tata from Cameroon. I love to guide people because it gives me pleasure. I also love to give people the opportunity to explore new places, get information about things they have no clue about. Local Guide is a great opportunity. 

Level 10

Introduce Yourself - June 2018

Two days later, May will finished, and I'm waiting for next " Introduce Yourself " post in June.
Which one of the Google Moderators writes next post?

Among these posts and introductions, I have found many friends and I have met with many countries and cultures.
I am waiting for the next post to be posted.

@OSAMA  @MdEmranulHoque  @Anonymous  @BudiFXW  @NareshDarji  @BakulMehta  @Gio51x  @Ravisawane  @Anonymous  @ValeriaA_

Do you agree with me?

Best Regards
Rezgar

Level 10

Re: Introduce Yourself - June 2018

@Rezgar I 100% agree with you brother

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Level 10

Thank you for your attention my dear friend @AmbrishVarshney

Best Regards
Rezgar

Level 10

yes brother @Rezgar big month for all LG is coming in just 2 days

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Level 10

dear friend @Rezgar 

I travel around the world for you are a great friend, I tag you to let you know places of the world maybe unknown ....

Level 10

That's OK!
I hope all the friends and Local Guides are successful.

Best Regards
Rezgar

Level 10

Thank you my dear friend and i hope you are successful in your job @Gio51x
I love travel and i always in trips.

Best Regards
Rezgar