gowthamselvam's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Desi candies that instantly reminds you of your childhood! 🍬

Dear LGs, 

When i visited Purana Qila - India last week, my eyes were wandering and get caught with this street shop at the entrance of the Purana Qila. This made me to tigger the childhood memories of mine. (Damn sure it will trigger yours too ).The School canteen and small shops outside the schools sold this for rs 0.25/- or 0.5/- and group of several friends would manage to exhange and share one. 

IMG_E0867.JPG

This street shop have all the desi candies in packets (Rs.10/- & Rs. 5/- per packet) , which were very much colourful ! This is very cheap and sweety ! This street shop is available from 9am to 6pm. 

Availablity of these desi candies are also reduced in major cities. But i was happy to see these desi candies after a long. 

Kindly share the desi candies of your local and lets others know about it ! 

#sweetcandy #happytravelling #letsguide #desicandies  

Gowtham Selvam
you are educated by travelling - Solange Knowles
Purana Qila, Pragati Maidan, புது தில்லி, டில்லி, இந்தியா
16 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Desi candies that instantly reminds you of your childhood! 🍬

Hi @gowthamselvam,

These candies look delicious!

I know exactly the feeling you're having, and I experienced it not too long ago myself. Such a nostalgic feeling is so precious.

Can you tell us what these candies are made of?

I am letting you know that I have relabelled your post to food & drink, as it fits better here.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hi @gowthamselvam,

Such a great post, thanks for sharing.

What are the flavors of these candies? I prefer the sour ones. It's impressive how colorfuls are these sweets.

PS: To make the most of your experience, you can have a look at this article, 6 tips for taking even better photos with your phone.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 8

Hi @MortenSI

Thank you so much for your comment. 

Definitely very very precious moments of everybody loves.

These candies are made of sugar syrup with mint/rose essence and other flavours. 

And thank you so much for relabelling my post.

Gowtham Selvam
Level 8

Hi @Petra_M,

Thank you so much for your comment. 

Most candies are sour in taste and few are sweet in taste. They are of different flavours.

Thank you again for sharing the article.

Gowtham Selvam
Connect Moderator

@gowthamselvam I love how colourful they are! It is really nice to know how it reminded you of your childhood, I haven't had that experience in some time but I love when that happens. Thank you for sharing this with us!

Level 8

Hi @Jesi , 

Thank you so much for comment ! Sure it will happen to you ! 

Keep travelling and enjoy ! 

Gowtham Selvam

They sound delicious @gowthamselvam!

I believe we have similar kinds of candy where I come from, but you make them with much more different colors and it looks awesome. 

I hope I get to try these candies someday.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

@MortenSI , yeah the kinds of candies are similar. Its just the flavours that makes the candies colourful. 

Sure ! Visit India some time !

Entire  street in Madurai in Tamilnadu, India has several shops for these desi candies. This article will be helpful to you . 

Gowtham Selvam

I would try as much as I can, until I get sugar shock @gowthamselvam.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!