Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: San Francisco 2018 Local Guide Meet

Thanx dear @bdmafuz.

Connect Moderator

Re: Connect live video

Hi @ShravanJain it should be approximately 1 minute. If it was 56 seconds or 1m 5s it will be fine. If you posted a 2m video then that would not be appropriate.

I will move this to the Connect Live questions post.

Regards Paul

Connect Moderator

Re: PLEASE HELP!

Hi @MojeebNG that means you are not eligible as you've not been in for 12 months. You will be eligible for next year if an event is announced. 

Regards Paul

Level 8

Re: PLEASE HELP!

@MojeebNG wrote:
Morning Fellows and boss, i need about the summit, you know the rule say that we must be 12 months of contribute, and i just joined the world, On March Of 2018, And the rule also say must be a person that have create meet-ups or photo walk and have not reach the criteria of 12months.

@PaulPavlinovich wrote:

Hi @MojeebNG that means you are not eligible as you've not been in for 12 months. You will be eligible for next year if an event is announced. 

Regards Paul

@HI @MojeebNG and @PaulPavlinovich

I think that you may be referring the comment below (underlined), 

I don't believe that means you have to have joined over 12 months ago. This just means that Google will look at how active you have been over the last 12 months, in other words if you were active 2 or 3 years ago, that will not be taken into consideration.

If you have to be a Local Guide for over 12 months, they would have stated it in the 'following requirements' section, see a copy below in italics. (hope it is ok to copy it here).  Taken from https://maps.google.com/localguides/event/connectlive.  They would have said that you had to be LG 5+ and registered for over 12 months... or words to that effect. Google are usually great with things like this, they are very clear, they don't like to disappoint people, especially not hard working LG's   🙂

Applications will be open only to Local Guides Level 5+ during the application period.

Applicants will be selected based on a number of factors including, but not limited to:

• The submission of a complete application with the following requirements:

• Each Local Guide must submit a 1-minute video message, appearing on camera to share reasons for applying

• Each Local Guide must submit at least one post on Connect with an introductory message and more insights into their experience with the program

• We’ll also be looking for:

• High quality, well-rounded and consistent contributions to Google Maps in the past 12 months

• Consistent involvement with the Local Guides community such as being an active Connect contributor, meet-up host and Connect moderator

• The ability to understand and speak English

So, you do have to be a level 5 or above, to apply. All the best  @MojeebNG, I hope you make it.

cc @PaulPavlinovich -your thoughts?

cc @brittym - clarification please, (I have been registered under a year too)

Sonia

Level 7

Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Hallo traveling people !!!

I’m Kulasingha Sampath from Colombo Sri Lanka. So happy to be part of this community. So, who am I ?

I’m a traveler, especially a low-cost traveler, backpacker finding new typical places and share my experience for travelers who like me. Sharing my experience explorations with wider audience to help them to make better decisions.

I’m a software engineer by profession, but traveling is something I love to do like others, cause each travel bring me something new to share with community and learn something new.

Level 8

Re: Introduce yourself

Hi @KulasinghaS

Welcome to Google Local Guides Connect community. You have posted your introduction in wrong place.

Introduce yourself with your picture to the community Here

Level 7

Local Guides Connect

Very Excite to here about this Event. 

Level 8

Re: Local Guides Connect

Dear @SnehalKumar stay contributing in Google map, help other, hope you will be part of this type of event.

Connect Moderator

Re: Local Guides Connect

@SnehalKumar, Welcome to Connect and the Local Guides Program!

I am glad to hear you are excited about our biggest event of the year - Connect Live! Hope you will be applying to attend. All of the details and how to apply are here on the Connect Live 2018 site.

I am moving your post over to the Connect Live 2018: questions, comments, & application ideas board so you can meet other Local Guides who are thinking about or applying to Connect Live.

Good Luck!

Cheers,

Karen

Level 5

Application issues... level 6?

Application not working? I am a level 6 but it says level up to apply? Thank you in advance for any assistance...