cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Coffee and Vada delicacies

1000030822.jpg

Filter Coffee!

️ The most loved hot drink in India and abroad. It's neither black nor white but golden brown in color.

Many prefer coffee with milk and sugar. Black coffee is consumed in little percentage.

Took this while visiting a new Cafe - 'Shri Naivedhyam Cafe' a vegetarian restaurant in J.P.Nagar, Bengaluru last week. Uploaded details in our Google Maps in 'Add Place' but is yet to be approved.

See below:

Curd Vada- 

1000030823.jpg

Vadai is soaked in curd and then toppings-  grated carrot, peper & salt, sprinkled with Coriander leaves.

A delightful delicacy in summer. There other variants of this 'vada' with Sambar or Rasam.

Come and enjoy.

Ravindran 

Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
8 comments
Level 9

Betreff: Coffee and Vada delicacies

@RavindranK schön dargestellt und ich trinke meinen Kaffee mit Honig gesüßt.

Quark kenne und liebe ich, nur der Begriff Vada ist mir nicht bekannt.

Level 8

@Annaelisa 

Thank you.

Vada is an Indian dish. A quick bite. Made of Urad Dal. Fluffy batter is made as a mini bun in shape with a hole in the centre and fried in oil till it becomes golden brown in medium flame. Varieties are plenty. 

Add just pepper and you get pepper vada. With spinach it becomes spinach Vada. With small bits of beet it becomes beet root Vada. It is upto your imagination. You can add fine bits of ginger, curry leaves, grated onions, cabbage  also.

These come under 'Medhu Vadai' group while you have another group called masal Vadai which is prepared with Bengal gram Dal, onion etc., with strong aroma.

Check with google or 'perplexity' for the respective photos.

Have a nice Day.

Ravindran 

Level 8

Re: Coffee and Vada delicacies

@NileshNag 

Thank you. 

Ravindran 

Level 8

@ThomasHelen 

Thank you. 

Connect Moderator

Interesting post @RavindranK I've never heard of Vada, thanks for sharing your photos 

Just to let you know, there is a board for post like yours, where Local Guides can share all their Food & Drink posts, so please edit your post and change the topic from "Photography" to "Food". Heres how to Edit your post - Why and How To 

Level 9

@RavindranK 

Diese umfassende Erklärung reicht mir vollkommen. Ein schönes Essen mit vielen Variationsmöglichkeiten.

Danke 

Level 8

@LaloPadilla 

Thank you very much. 

Initially the post was just the photo of coffee. But it developed into a 'vada story' without much thinking.

That's why. 

Have changed the posting to Food & Drinks.

Connect Moderator

Excellent photos of Vada and Coffee @RavindranK 👍

I like the "Medu Vada", and I always prefer coffee immediately after the Vada.

I too like coffee with milk and sugar.