ehsan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Clear other user activity!!

I uploaded some photos to one place on the map a year ago on my Google map. Now I've noticed that a user has erased my photos! Added his own photos! These are disappointing events.

Are all these things to get more points?
Let's not forget that our goal here is to help each other.

ehsang
Tehran, Tehran Province, Iran
9 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Clear other user activity!!

Hi @ehsan,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing this information with us. 

There isn't such option for someone else to delete your photos, so @ErmesT answer was correct on this.

If the photos are wrongly uploaded to another place or the place marker itself was added to a wrong location, the best thing to do is to flag the wrongly added place and photos, and suggest the changes to better reflect the reality on Google Maps. We will look into your reports to correct the information.

Please report the wrong information by sending a feedback:

- Click the Google Maps App menu ☰

- Click Send feedback => choose Wrong information

- Follow the instructions and fill in the information as detailed as possible

- Click Submit

To report the wrong marker of the location, please Report an Error on Google Maps.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Hi @ehsan , How are you?

I just released your post from spam quarantine.

What you write is surprising me, as a user cannot "erase" photos of another user (even the owner of a claimed business can't). Please read: Add, remove, or share photos and videos. A photo can be simply reported as inappropriate and, after verification, can be flagged as inappropriate. In this case the photo will be visible (to you only) on your profile.

Another case is that a business can be closed. In this case the photo remain on your profile, related to an "unknown place".

What happened to me was exactly this. A business listing was edited as closed, and then a new business was added with the same name. Weird, I know, but it happens. For this reason I wrote an idea: "My suggestion is that Local Guides (being Local experts) can be prompted for a fact checking, for confirming that a place where they contributed with photos and reviews is Closed, or has been modified (e.g. Name change, or different category)"

Level 8

Hi @ErmesT 

thank you for your reply.

Last year I uploaded some photos at this place.
The first photo of this place was more than 2 million views.
But a user has erased the photos I've added!
Of course, my photos have not been erased and my profile is there. But I no longer receive any new views. Because there are new photos in this place instead of my photos. Photos added last night. And it's strange that they also uploaded these pictures for another place!

This means uploading a photo for 2 different locations!

This user has deleted my photos from this place because it has a lot of views! How did it do that ?! I do not know!
I only know that I no longer see my previous photos in this place!
I even tried to add a photo again, but I still do not see previous photos.
Thank you for your reply. And I'm sorry for the behavior of such some Google local guides.

22-Apr-19 10-21-00 PM.jpg

ehsang
Connect Moderator

@ehsan 

As I said before, only the account that uploaded the photos can remove them. Or Google, of course, but usually a photo, if not adhere to the policies, is simply flagged as private.

Tagging @GeorgesHR  for checking your issue

Level 8

thank you @ErmesT 
I hope @GeorgesHR  has time for my problem. 

Of course not a big problem. But these upheavals are unfortunate.

ehsang
Connect Moderator

There are not small or big issues @ehsan . As I said, a photo cannot be removed by another account. There are other person that can access your account, or your devices? If so, I suggest you also to change your password

Level 8

Yes, I got it @ErmesT 
I know someone can not erase others' photos.
But with flagging it can do it.
I just want the reason for this to be clear for others.
Do not do anything to get a better view.

ehsang
Connect Moderator

I know @ehsan 

We know each other in the community from .... End of 2016?

A time long enough in internet range. And we are both level 8, we are not tricking the game for gaining points or view

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @ehsan,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing this information with us. 

There isn't such option for someone else to delete your photos, so @ErmesT answer was correct on this.

If the photos are wrongly uploaded to another place or the place marker itself was added to a wrong location, the best thing to do is to flag the wrongly added place and photos, and suggest the changes to better reflect the reality on Google Maps. We will look into your reports to correct the information.

Please report the wrong information by sending a feedback:

- Click the Google Maps App menu ☰

- Click Send feedback => choose Wrong information

- Follow the instructions and fill in the information as detailed as possible

- Click Submit

To report the wrong marker of the location, please Report an Error on Google Maps.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Thank you @KatyaL 

ehsang