cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Category hotel and restaurant

Hi,

I have a question. 

All over the world, there are hotels with a restaurant in it or vice versa😉, but I don't see an appropriate category for it on Maps. Does anyone have a solution for this?

And why do some reviews not show up on Maps? I ask this because I submitted some reviews today and last week, and when I look on an incognito tab, some reviews won't even show up... (even when i sort on newest review...)

Greetings!

5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Category hotel and restaurant

Hello @Sebastian5

And welcome to Local Guides Connect.

I would like to answer your second question first.

For the issue of disappearing your reviews, You may check these articles from Google Maps Help page 

Write reviews and add ratings of places 

And  Maps User Contributed Content Policy Help to know why a review may be reported, and flagged as Private. A Private review will visible just for you, and the relevant points will be decrease.

And for your second question in my opinion you can add restaurant of a hotel as a separate place but inside a hotel, and a category will be use restaurant for this space. But we should wait for expert opinion, and for that I m tagging here @ErmesT, so we both will learn by him and get solutions for your both of the issues.

Thank you 

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 10
Level 10

Hello @Sebastian5 
You can create new POI for the restaurants within a hotel
Here is an example of multiple restaurants within a hotel.

However, in my opinion, the exercise is worth if customers have independent access to these places & need not be guests of the hotel.

Regarding your second query, I find you have restricted public access to your profile. I appreciate the efforts you are taking to toggle the restricted mode every time you want to see the contributions in incognito mode.

Nevertheless, the following are the reasons for the non-visibility of a review in a public profile.
# The appearance of a review to the public may take some time. Usually, that happens in a day or two after publishing a that.
# Anyone with a valid Google account can report a review if that contains objectionable material. That triggers an audit by the AI & if that vindicates the claim aligning with the guidelines defined in this Maps use contributed content policy, the content turns private.
Please note, even though you have restricted the profile, the reviews will always be visible on a POI and accessible for scrutiny.

Level 8

Hello @KashifMisidia @C_T ,

Thanks for your responses! My review(s) does not violate the guidelines, so maybe it will be visible in a couple of days... But other reviews are visible. 

Thanks!

Connect Moderator

@Sebastian5 as @C_T already mentioned: it is certainly possible to have separate entries on Maps for a hotel and a restaurant that are located in the same building. It all depends on the circumstances: is the restaurant open to customer who are not staying in the hotel? Are the opening hours different (quite likely, as a lot of hotels have a 24h reception)? etc. Also for posting pictures and reviews it makes sense to have separate POIs.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 8

@JanVanHaver Thanks for your response!