Seedra's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Can't upload photos taking by a DSLR Camera to Google maps

Hi friends, 

I am in a problem with uploading photos to Google maps. Can someone help me. This message show  when I upload a photo taking by my DSLR CameraThis message show when I upload a photo taking by my DSLR Camera

plus.google.com/u/0/communities/108877772177547307986">Anuradhapura Local Guides | Sri Lanka Local Guides Facebook Group
Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka
17 comments
Level 10

Re: Can't upload photos taking by a DSLR Camera to Google maps

@Seedra That is so strange. Were you uploading the jpg output? I personally haven't seen this issue before. 
Can you put a sample photo in Google drive and share here, so we can have a look. Has this just happened recently, ie you could do it before, but only now has a problem?

Level 7

I had the same problem..I took some pictures with my canon and try to upload and had the same issue..The fix: Upload the pictures on your phone,  then open  picture in your camera editor and saved it from there. That will compress the picture for you to upload to connect..I hope this helps.

Level 10

@Mallewis You are right about Connect has a limit of 3MB for each photo shared, that's mainly to ensure the site is fast and responsive. Link here.

Google Maps does not have a small size limitation for photos though. Haven't read anywhere if there is a limit, but I am relatively sure most sizes of DSLR single shot output should be acceptable. This is likely a different issue. 

Level 7

My issue might be because I shoot in raw.

Level 7

My issue might be because I shoot in raw. Thanks for the clarification @StephenAbraham 

Level 8

Thank you @Mallewis  That solution is best but the problem is, I have a lots of photos. I am going to upload my last tour (9 days) photos to Google map. so it is not easy to me. 

plus.google.com/u/0/communities/108877772177547307986">Anuradhapura Local Guides | Sri Lanka Local Guides Facebook Group
Level 10

@Mallewis Raw files are not supported as far as I know. So, you will need to do the necessary to convert to jpg. 

Connect Moderator

@Mallewis 

Yep, if you try to upload RAW it gives you such error (only to conserve space). 

for ConnectLive its 3MB photo size limit

cheers

Level 8

Thank you @OmerAli