KashifMisidia's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

[Call for Meetup Leaders] – Unofficial LocalGuidesConnect Worldwide 4th Anniversary Celebrations

Design.jpg

Introduction :

Happy fourth Connect anniversary to all my fellow Local Guides.

On 15th July, we are going to celebrate the 4th anniversary of LocalGuidesConnect (LGC) that we all love to bits. It’s incredible to see how LGC started, evolved, and became an important part of our lives. 

On one hand, we are proud #LocalGuides who love to help millions around the globe with our contributions to Google Maps.

On the other, we love helping our #LocalGuides family members here on LGC. 

Today, we would like to present an idea again which is the sequel of our I and my Co-host @OmerAli 's  last year's campaign [Call for Meetup Leaders] – Unofficial LocalGuidesConnect Worldwide 3rd Anniversary Celebrations 20... 

to show our love for:

*LocalGuidesConnect Platform.

*LGC Family, and its extended members.

*Googlers and every member of their team who keeps this platform up and running.

Idea :

So, what are we going to do?

We’ll do what we do the best, and by that, I mean adding quality contributions to the Google Maps as well as hosting knowledgeable meet-ups to transfer the skills that we garnered over these years.

Let’s show our support and love by organizing worldwide meet-ups to have a month-long #LocalGuides style anniversary celebration (Meet-ups to be held from 1st July 2020 to 31st July 2020).

As many of us are now allowed to step out of our homes, it is very important to follow the movement restriction orders and social distancing practices in your local areas. 

We can contribute in so many ways and some of them are:

*Map editing walk (Solo or small groups)

*Geo walk (Solo or small groups)

*Photo walk (Solo or small groups)

*Food Crawl (Solo or small groups)

*Accessibility walk (Solo or small groups)

*Environmental meet-up (clean the world or plantation) (Solo or Small group) 

*Knowledge Sharing Meet-up (Virtual)

and last but not least,

* Virtual meet-ups to share skills and knowledge to help our Local businesses during corona pandemic period, Accessibility, Travel, Google Maps Contributions and any topic you want to host.

Impact :

Let’s keep it simple. Shall we?

1. Encourage newcomers on LGC to host their first meet-up or at least join one.
  2. Show our support and never-ending during the meet-up.
  3. Make only quality contributions to Google Maps and spread the never-ending love.

Act :

Sounds fun? Let’s get started. 

Call for Leaders to hostUnofficial LocalGuidesConnect Worldwide Anniversary Celebration Meet-ups’ is now open. 

Register your meet-up  and give us a shout and we’ll update this post for others to see and follow. 

Once, the Anniversary celebrations meet-ups are over and you have made your great Recap post, we will sum everything up with our LGC family.

IMG_20190716_015255.jpg

Need Help to Host a Meet-up?

You can host a meet-up by these simple steps.

+Just click here to host a meet-up site.

+As Meet-up names are only limited to 30 characters, let's keep them organized and synchronized by:

[CityName] LGCA Meet-up

where [CityName] -> replaced with your Meet-up City

LGC ->abbrevGeorgetown LocalGuidesConnect (Unofficial)

A -> abbreviation for Anniversary

For Example:

Tallinn LGCA Meetup

Georgetown LGCA Meetup

Accessible Sydney 

LGCA Meetup Karachi 

Chandigarh LGCA Meetup 

Dhaka LGCA Meetup 

For Virtual Meet-ups :

+ Pick a Suitable Picture and upload it which is related to your Virtual Meet-up as your topic.

+Describe the purpose of the meetup with short detail like Agenda of Meet-up, 

For example:

1. Download Meetup App earlier Like Google Hangouts Meet earlier if using mobile.

https:// meet.google.com

1. Think about any questions and write down them; you may need an answer or general doubts.

1. When you join, please "mute"

your microphone. Always leave the microphone in "mute" unless you are talking.

+Select date between n 1st July to 31st July 2020.

+Select City/Country of your meet-up

+Host A Meet-up submission

+ Then you will get a confirmation email and after some days approval of the meetup if it approves.

Want to learn more? Useful Tips for Hosting Virtual meet-ups by Traci will give some more tips about Hosting Virtual Meet-ups.

For Outdoor Meet-ups :

+ Pick a Suitable Picture and upload it which is related to your walk/meet-up.

+ Describe your purpose of meet-up or walk and short detail what the participants should bring with them, for photo walk participants should have cameras, power banks, water bottles, etc along with Precautions for COVID like Face Masks, Hand Gloves, Sanitizers.

+Select date between n 1st July to 31st July 2020.

+ Select the starting place of your meet-up.

+Host A Meet-up submission

+ Then you will get a confirmation email and after some days approval of the meet-up if it is approved.

You need to look no further,  Arimar's post on “How to organize successful meet-up” is your ultimate guide on hosting a meet-up. 

Be a leader of Virtual Meet-up, outdoor walk/meet-up. We are looking forward to meet-up posts from the Virtual/Outdoor walk/meet-up leaders. Join us, host a walk/meet-up or join it, solo or with the small group.

APPROVED MEET-UPS By Superb Local Guides :

• Untied Kingdom - London (Virtual)

Accessible London -

July 12, 2020 @ 14:30 (BST)

By Global_guide_Isha

• Pakistan - Karachi - (Virtual)

Journey Of Harmony. Part 1- 

July 05, 2020 @ 21:30 (PKT)

By Bilal_Shaikh

Pakistan - Karachi - 

LGCA Meet-Up Karachi - July 05, 2020 @ 07:00 (PKT)

By Kashifmisidia

• Pakistan - Lahore -

Accessibility Car Drive - July 12, 2020 @ 09:00 (PKT)

By MSuleman

• Bangladesh - Faridpur - (Virtual)

Photos Google Maps Loves - 

July 17, 2020 @ 21:00 (+06)

By SaifIS 

• Cyprus - Famagusta - 

City Mall Accessibility Meet-up 

July 21, 2020 @ 17:00 (EEST)

By Alffiiy 

• Brazil - Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro - (Virtual)

Connecting through Connect (V) -

July 26, 2020 @ 16:00 (-03)

By AlexandreCampbell 

•Nigeria - Lagos - (Virtual)

M.A.C.C.A-4!!!! MUSIC, ARTS, & CULTURE OF CONNECT AT 4

July 26, 2020 @ 12:30 (WAT) (GMT+1)

By Ewaade_3A 

•Sri Lanka - Gartmore Estate

Peak Wilderness Campers -

July 22, 2020 @ 11:00 (+0530)

By  Ravindus 

India & Pakistan - (Virtual)

Virtual Meet-up Sub Continent

July 26, 2020 @ 20:00 (IST) 19:30 (PST)

By AmbrishVarshney & Kashif Misidia

• Indonesia - Jakarta (Virtual)

Accessible Indonesia Meet-up -

July 25, 2020 @ 14:00 (WIB)

By @doc_dells 

• Ukraine - Mykolaiv -

Accessible Mykolaiv Walk the 4th Connect Anniversary Meet-up

July 26, 2020 @ 11:00 (EEST)

By @JaneBurunina 

• Pakistan -Karachi 

Accessibility Walk Karachi

July 25, 2020 @ 10:00 (PKT)

By @JoharK 

India - Tamil Nadu (Virtual)

4th LG Connect Anniversary Celebration of @NareshDarji  Greeting Meet up - TravellerG & Team

Sunday 26th July by 6:30 PM IST

By @TravellerG 

• Malaysia - Penang

LGC-Anniv Meetup Cherok Tokun

July 30, 2020 @ 08:00 (+08)

By @OmerAli 

• Pakistan & Ukraine (Virtual)

Four Years Of Connect ❤ 

July 31, 2020 @ 21:00 (PKT)

By Kashifmisidia and Janeburunina

Approved Debut Meet-ups Of SuperStar Local Guides : 

• United States - Michigan - (Virtual)

Accessible Michigan - 

July 18, 2020 @ 12:00 (EDT)

By  Erna_LaBeau 

You can use the hashtag #LGCannivmeetup for your post.

We really thankful for your time and consideration, let’s do our bit to show our love and support for this community.

Regards

Local Guides (Kashif Misidia & Omer Ali)

Gif by @omeraliGif by @omerali

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Karachi, Pakistan
62 comments
Level 9

Re: [Call for Meetup Leaders] – Unofficial LocalGuidesConnect Worldwide 4th Anniversary Celebrations

Thanks for this nice and detail post @KashifMisidia . It is really helpful and full of information. Best Regards. 

Connect Moderator

Re: [Call for Meetup Leaders] – Unofficial LocalGuidesConnect Worldwide 4th Anniversary Celebrations

great start @KashifMisidia bhai,@ glad to see you're back again this year with anniversary meetups.

count me in, I'm definitely going to host a meetup

Level 8

@KashifMisidia Bhai this looks interesting. This is going to be my 1st year to participate in this celebration. I'll definitely be hosting a meetup. 

#LGCannivmeetup

Level 10

@KashifMisidia 

Great Steps towards betterment of humanity . Keep it up . You have high passion and generosity to help others .

Mumtaz
Level 9

Hi @KashifMisidia  you are a great and Salute to your effort 

Level 7

Wonderful idea I will surely participate in it as I haven't arranged any meet up yet!!! 

Level 10

Great start @KashifMisidia yup I m in on 21st we just finished Unity Walk where we encourage around 80-90 lgs to host their first meetup and till now our count of edit is 18k

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Connect Moderator

Thank you @OmerAli Bhai, Last year we had 13 Meet-up Recaps in our Mega Recap post including 8 new Meet-up Leaders. This year I hope more friends will join us.

Thank you so much for your great support and help for this Campaign.

And Don't forget, you are Co-host of this Campaign for 2020 as well 😆

Shukriya 🙏

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 10

@KashifMisidia 

Namaskar..

@AmbrishVarshney 

Both are come with

Nice thought of celebration..