KarenVChin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Businesses Catering to Kids/Parents?

In the last year, I have been including photos and mentions in my Local Guides business reviews, items that would be helpful to kids and their parents.  

Not just providing shopping carts with kids seats, diaper changing tables inside women's and, now, men's restrooms, or kids menus and free crayons and activity sheets at restaurants, I noticed that more and more businesses in my area are focusing on wee ones, at their height or reach.  

Toddler-sized toilet, the kind found in preschools (2 - 4+ years old), inside the women's restroom. There is also a toddler step stool to reach the sink.

Toddler-size toilet in the women's restroom, Sideboard, Danville, CAToddler-size toilet in the women's restroom, Sideboard, Danville, CA

Encouraging healthy eating habits at a young age (and future grocery store shoppers) with self-serve free fruit. 

Free fruit for kids at Sprouts Farmers MarketFree fruit for kids at Sprouts Farmers Market

Are you seeing this trend in your city or town? Are you including it in your Local Guides reviews and posting photos on Google Maps?

I see these items as very beneficial to both kids and their parents, especially this new kind of designated parking.  Just like disabled or handicapped people, parents with toddlers /babies or expectant moms need parking spaces very close to the elevator or building for easy access. 

Designated parking spaces next to elevators, Broadway Plaza Parking Lot, Walnut Creek, CADesignated parking spaces next to elevators, Broadway Plaza Parking Lot, Walnut Creek, CA

Cheers,

Karen

San Francisco Bay Area, CA, United States
10 comments
Level 8

Re: Businesses Catering to Kids/Parents?

Almost all the rest stops along I95 from Florida to up north and vice versa have toddler toilets for the first stall of both restrooms. All the main stream grocery stores offer free fruit as a snack for the children, especially Walmart Supercenters and Target Supercenters, and most publix grocery store locations in the areas I frequent 😁

Connect Moderator

Interesting @DiAnaUS, Target and Walmart are not doing it out here.

First time, I've seen a toilet like this. At the Babies R Us, toddler-height wash sinks, but no toilets - go figure.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 8

Wow I'm surprised they are not doing it there...hopefully soon they will. In Florida they have been doing it for a couple of years now, but in Long Island, N.Y. it's fairly new, maybe less than 3 months for many locations. 

Haha the 1st time I saw a toddler toilet I almost fell in not knowing it was. I was in a rush to just get in the stall and right when I was about to sit I was like ahhh what is this?! and just started laughing. I sat in the stall across it just to hear peoples reactions for the next 5mins...absolutely PRICELESS! Hahaha @KarenVChin

Level 9

@KarenVChin

This is really very helpful for parents with kids ,  this encourage you more to visit this Places , and of course buy from , it's Win Win , hope all businesses around the world do the same , here in Jordan start doing the same in some Places 😊

Thanks for sharing Karen 🙂  add more of this kind of places and photos to help us when visit SF with our families 😊😊

Connect Moderator

Hahahahah @DiAnaUS, the visual is very funny. Toddler-sized toilets are so small in every way (height and size).  The state should include in the building codes to include a "toddler" sign like for the blue disability signs that mark for "handicapped" so people don't walk in or make the mistake. 

It does make sense to have toddler toilets where you live especially in the land of the Magic Kingdom.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

Thanks @KarenVChin for sharing !

I have seen that small Toilets (for kids) in McDonald's Restaurants.

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Connect Moderator

Thanks @iDepp. The McDonalds here in San Francisco don't have them.  Do you mention this great feature in your Local Guides reviews? Upload photos on Google Maps?

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

Oh, Sure @KarenVChin 

I mentioned in Review that Children Play Area is available and upload their Photos too, but I forgot about that toilet information. I will be Upload it on Google Maps ASAP 🙂

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Connect Moderator

Hahaha @iDepp, no need to rush and upload. But it will give you 5 extra points for your photo. = )

Cheers,

Karen