DanielTh's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Beetle nut in an ice cream !!!

Paan is a famous Indian after-dinner treat. You get this in many restaurants, marriage functions, food courts - just about everywhere in India.

Paan consists of a betel leaf (Piper betle) filled with chopped betel (areca) nut (Areca catechu) and slaked lime (chuna; calcium hydroxide) These base ingredients, there are wide variety of toppings like paste made from Acacia catechu or a sweet paste etc.

Paan ingredientsPaan ingredients

The beetle nut is filled with these ingredients & then folded into triangle shape. And the entire thing is popped up inside the mouth to enjoy a refreshing feel after food.

Paan rolled upPaan rolled up

When I visited a restaurant named Absolute Barbeque's in Hyderabad, I was pleasantly surprised to see a Paan flavored ice cream !!! Yes that's right... Beetle nut in an ice cream 🙂

They stuffed all the flavors of Paan, and mixed them in plain ice cream and gave it a interesting twist in less than 2 minutes 🙂

Enjoy the video here and do try this flavor in case you get it in your place

Hyderabad, Telangana, India
6 comments
Level 10

Re: Beetle nut in an ice cream !!!

@DanielTh Another thing for me to try when I get there.. after a huge biryani. 🙂 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @DanielTh,

Wow, this sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing this with us! What a great idea to serve ice-cream with a traditional twist! Love that creativity! 😊 

I'm just wondering, is it Paan or ice-cream, if you had to choose? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

@StephenAbraham that's right.. We'll try this when we meet next time 🙂

Level 10

@AlexaAC Glad you liked it. The end product of this mashup is a smooth ice cream. When you have this you get the refreshing flavor of Paan.

I'm sure for most Indians, Paan is an exciting option to have at the end of a meal than an ice cream 🙂

Former Google Contributor

Excellent, sounds good, @DanielTh!

Thanks again for sharing this. I really enjoy Indian food and I think you might appreciate the Ubadiyu we prepared. Feel free to check it out. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!