LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Are you ready for #lgsummit18???

Hi @Ankit,

To me, attending the Summit is all about telling Google how I wanted to shape the LocalGuides Program by giving my feedbacks.

It is clear to me that you have a clear idea on who should attend the Summit.  How about tell us your ideas?  May be Google will just follow your advice for next year.

Level 9

Ok so let me get this straight, according to you only who moderators; has "ideas" ?

And thanks for confirming the hidden criteria for Google summit selection, i think people should just take this advice and won't even apply to summit if they are not the moderators, this will make Google's selection process bit easier.

Why do you even keep it open for local guides who are not moderators, we simply waste our time in applying with 100% guarantee of not getting selected.

Level 10

Hi @Ankit what do you mean with the word "moderator"? Connect Moderator or Community Moderator?

I can see in the #lgsummit17 attendees list many Connect Moderators (it's true, they spend so much time helping keep connect a good place, they deserve a spot) and Community Moderators, as well as standard LGs, even with not top levels.

So, I think there is full of opportunities; if you are not a CM, nor a Community Moderator, you could always be a LG star hosting meetups or sharing nice contributes in Connect; there is a lot of time, don't think "what can I do to be selected?", but "what could i do to be helpful?" and you will have your chance.

Cheers

Level 9

"what do you mean with the word "moderator"? Connect Moderator or Community Moderator?" - Yes 

I was at 11,000 points when I wasn't selected for Summit 2017 and today I am at 30,000. Hopefully that clarifies "what could i do to be helpful?"

And thanks for clarifying that "standard LGs, even with not top levels" were also selected, didn't know that.

Look I am no special to be selected for Summit ahead many much much better people than me but it hurts to see that people who pretend to be moderators and don't do much get selected to go through. I don't even know what happens in my city, I was once given moderator my contact and I asked him to add me in the group where they usually converse about meet up and everything. Guess what its been a year and I am still waiting him to add me even after reminding him couple of times. Hopefully he wasn't selected for the summit or else it will be the final push over the cliff.

Level 10

@Ankit wrote:

"what do you mean with the word "moderator"? Connect Moderator or Community Moderator?" - Yes 

I was at 11,000 points when I wasn't selected for Summit 2017 and today I am at 30,000. Hopefully that clarifies "what could i do to be helpful?"

And thanks for clarifying that "standard LGs, even with not top levels" were also selected, didn't know that.

Look I am no special to be selected for Summit ahead many much much better people than me but it hurts to see that people who pretend to be moderators and don't do much get selected to go through. I don't even know what happens in my city, I was once given moderator my contact and I asked him to add me in the group where they usually converse about meet up and everything. Guess what its been a year and I am still waiting him to add me even after reminding him couple of times. Hopefully he wasn't selected for the summit or else it will be the final push over the cliff.

I can understand you @Ankit I worked hard in 2015 and 2016 to be selected for #lgsummit16, but I didn't get. I felt betrayed, but didn't stop contribute.

Also, points are not everything, and anytime you think to have reached a big hit, you should remember that outside of connect there are thousands of LG that could easily be at 10x.

I hope you will run for #lgsummit18; i don't know your contributes, but I know that really anyone has a chance!

Good luck.

Level 9

"points are not everything" - that means the core idea of selection process is misleading.

And cool, thanks for the motivation .....

Level 8

@LucioV I was reading some of your replys to this great post do you have any tips for me? my passport is all updated and clear to go. Do you think my Google+ resourse count in that field, I will prepare my 1min Video but from your point of view do you see anything I could do? attence for Perth WA would be dream and also for my community 

Perth local guides.

Kind regards @DavidTito

@LucioV wrote:

Applications will open in .....

Schermata 2017-10-17 alle 07.13.22.png

More info on https://maps.google.com/localguides/event/summit

Level 8

@YK1001 Im glad you are here, I will keep this comment in mind. my kindest regards @DavidTito

@YK1001 wrote:

Hi @Ankit,

To me, attending the Summit is all about telling Google how I wanted to shape the LocalGuides Program by giving my feedbacks.

It is clear to me that you have a clear idea on who should attend the Summit.  How about tell us your ideas?  May be Google will just follow your advice for next year.

Level 10

@DavidTito wrote:

@LucioV I was reading some of your replys to this great post do you have any tips for me? my passport is all updated and clear to go. Do you think my Google+ resourse count in that field, I will prepare my 1min Video but from your point of view do you see anything I could do? attence for Perth WA would be dream and also for my community 

Perth local guides.

Kind regards @DavidTito

@LucioV wrote:

@DavidTito in my experience, best thing to do is create as more meetups you can, and gather a lot of friends! Discover places, took photos and share on connect!

Start creating short clips, while you are around, so you will have material for your video, when you will have to create.

Being a Community Moderator on Google+ was mandatory for #lgsummit16, I think that actually is no required anymore.

Level 8

@LucioV thank you Im happy with your suggestion, and I will prepare thank you in advance @DavidTito

@LucioV wrote:

@DavidTito wrote:

Perth local guides.

Kind regards @DavidTito

@LucioV wrote:

@DavidTito in my experience, best thing to do is create as more meetups you can, and gather a lot of friends! Discover places, took photos and share on connect!

Start creating short clips, while you are around, so you will have material for your video, when you will have to create.

Being a Community Moderator on Google+ was mandatory for #lgsummit16, I think that actually is no required anymore.