SirB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Answers on my contributions reduced

I noticed that I used to have about 15,000 answers on my contributions about a month ago. And now I noticed only about 4,718 which is a reduction from around 5,000 a couple of days ago. I also noticed that it had affected my overall points from about 94,000 last month to 82,653 on last check!

It's baffling as this happened during the photo count glitches on Google Maps that just being resolved. 

Perhaps @PoliMC might be able to look into it?

I apologise in advance if this topic had been discussed. 

Cheers 🙏

SirB
Three Grand Essentials to Happiness: Something to DO, Something to LOVE and Something to HOPE for ❤
6 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Answers on my contributions reduced

The reduction in answers (and points) is due to a privacy setting @SirB 

You can access to the setting, and changing it, directly from the menu on Google maps "Your data on Google Maps"

You can read about this feature here: How do I delete my answers to questions on Google Maps?

You must enable Web & App activity in My Activity to answer questions about places on Google Maps. When you visit My Activity, you’ll be able to see answers you shared and control what is saved. You can delete all activity for the day, or enable 3 or 18 month deletions. 

If you delete answers to questions during any time frame, your answer will be deleted from Google Maps, and as a result, your Local Guides points will be removed for those contributions. 

To delete your answers to questions on Google Maps

1. Visit My Activity
  2. Find the answer session you want to delete
  3. Click More
  4. Click Delete
Level 10

Cheers @ErmesT for a very comprehensive information. 

I was referring to the Answers given when Google Maps ask questions in relation to DO YOU KNOW THIS PLACE.  I haven't deleted any of the answers (Yes, No, I'm not sure, etc.) and I'm not sure it's possible to delete those answers. 

It's quite a shock to see number of Answers on my contributions reduced from 15,000 to just over 4,000 and my overall points reduced as well. Any suggestions on why this happened? 

Cheers 👍

SirB
Three Grand Essentials to Happiness: Something to DO, Something to LOVE and Something to HOPE for ❤
Connect Moderator

That answers can be deleted automatically through the settings I shared with you, @SirB 

Please check your settings again, and set the Web and App activity to "delete manually" instead of "delete automatically" . In that way you will be able to control what to delete. 

Level 10

Cheers @ErmesT 

I checked and here's the screenshot Web and app activityWeb and app activity

👍

SirB
Connect Moderator

Level 10

Thanks @ErmesT 

The setting has always been like that ever since I used Google Maps. 

I really appreciate your taking the time and effort to look into it. But not to worry, it's not the end of the world 😉👍

Thanks again @ErmesT  you're always very helpful!

Cheers from The Land Down Under 🙏

SirB